Black People : FYI Controversial Diet To Treat Cancer, Asthma: Gerson Therapy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by asmith161718, Feb 5, 2013.

1. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    Read this a couple of days ago from my online raw foods newsletter subscription.

Gerson Therapy

Other common name(s): Gerson diet, Gerson method, Gerson treatment, Gerson program
    Scientific/medical name(s): none
    Description

Gerson therapy is a form of alternative cancer treatment involving coffee enemas, supplements, and a special diet that is claimed to cleanse the body, boost the immune system, and stimulate metabolism.
    Overview

Available scientific evidence does not support claims that Gerson therapy is effective in treating cancer, and the principles behind it are not widely accepted by the medical community. It is not approved for use in the United States. Gerson therapy can be dangerous. Coffee enemas have been associated with serious infections, dehydration, constipation, colitis (inflammation of the colon), electrolyte imbalances, and even death.
    How is it promoted for use?

Gerson therapy is considered a metabolic therapy (see Metabolic Therapy), and it is based on the theory that disease is caused by the body's accumulation of toxic substances. Practitioners believe that fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides, and other chemicals contaminate food by lowering its potassium content and raising its sodium content. Food processing and cooking adds more sodium, which changes the metabolism of cells in the body, eventually causing cancer.
    According to practitioners of Gerson therapy, people who have cancer have too much sodium and not enough potassium in their cells. The fruit and vegetable diet that is part of Gerson therapy is used to correct this imbalance and revitalize the liver so it can rid the body of malignant cells. Coffee enemas, also part of Gerson therapy, are claimed to relieve pain and eliminate liver toxins in a process called detoxification.
    The goal of metabolic therapies is to eliminate toxins from the body and enhance immune function so that the body can "fight off" cancer. Liver extract injections, pancreatic enzymes, and various supplements are said to stimulate metabolism. Proponents of metabolic therapy claim that it addresses the underlying cause of disease rather than treating the symptoms.
    What does it involve?

Gerson therapy requires following a strict low-salt, low-fat, vegetarian diet and drinking juice from about twenty pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables each day. One glass of juice is consumed each hour, thirteen times a day. In addition, patients are given several coffee enemas each day. Various supplements, such as potassium, vitamin B12, pancreatic enzymes, thyroid hormone, and liver extracts, are used to stimulate organ function, particularly of the liver and thyroid. Sometimes other treatments such as laetrile may also be recommended (see Laetrile).
    Treatment is usually begun at an inpatient clinic over several weeks. The Gerson Institute does not own or operate any medical facilities and instead it refers patients to clinics it licenses. Currently the only licensed clinic is in Tijuana, Mexico. Clinic fees often exceed $4,000 per week. Treatment may last from a few months to 10 years or more. It is generally recommended for at least 2 years in cancer patients. The Gerson Institute also offers a home therapy package.
    http://www.cancer.org/treatment/tre...ativemedicine/dietandnutrition/gerson-therapy

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383

I have enclosed this in my book. Those of us who have netflix can go there and see the entire movie called the Gerson Miracle. This is a part of our Kemetic knowledge and this is why none of us should ever have cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure or any other sickness. My own diet is 80% raw and juiced organic vegetables and fruits. I use no milk or dairy product..and do not consume fish, meat, butter or anything that is dead or cooked outside of beans. I consume no breads, butters and use coffee and wheatgrass enemas. The movie is phenomenal and is a part of what we must do if we are to elevate.

Thank You for posting this because I sort of get a little tired of being looked at crooked eyed by those who can not break their conditioning even in the face of their own demise that is purposely structured by our historic enemy. By the way brother, I will be speaking in North Carolina in June with Professor Griff and Dr. Kambone....I'll keep you informed.

By the way....I drink nothing but RAW WATER....please look it up on the web. The company is in Maine.

3. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    Thanks. I never heard of raw water before. i had 3 relatives that died from cancer recently on the Gulf Coast ( probably BP related ). I tried to get them to use alternative therapies but they just will not listen. Since you have connections hopefully you can spread the news about these type of therapies.