Black People : FWHAT ABOUT WHAT FOX SAID? iS IT TRUE? MEXICANS IN AMERICA, SLAVE LABOR?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PoeticManifesta, May 17, 2005.

1. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    a SPINOFF OF THE FOX STORY:
    oKAY, SO LETS TAKE THE TIME OUT TO STEP OUT OF OUR SHOES. mEXICANS IN AMERICA COME HERE AND DO THE MOST HIDEOUS JOBS, THAT MOST AMERICANS WOULD CONSIDER BENETH THEM, WORK LONG HARD HOURS, USUALLY AWAKING BEFORE 6AM, AND TO RETURN HOME 6PM.. LIVING IN THEIR SLAVE QUARTERS PROVIDED BY THEIR MASTERS (HIGH END CONTRACTORS) PAID MEGAR WAGES, OVER WORKED AND UNDERVALUED IN THE WORKPLACE.. (I VOLUNTEER WORKING WITH THIER KIDS, TEACHING ENGLISH) ALL BECAUSE THEY ALSO WANT THE AMERICAN DREAM! TO BE FREE, AND EARN A DECENT WAGE, AND PROVIDE FOR THEIR FAMILYS. rENEEMBER, W.E.B DUBOIS, THE AMERICAN MEXICAN LOOKS AT THEM, AND THEIR NEW ROLE IN AMERICA... LIKE POSISTION THEY HAVE TO ACCEPT.. TO LIVE WITH, NOT OUTGROW THEIR SOCIAL POSISTION... BUT TO ACCEPT IT, AND BE THE BEST LABORERS THAT THEY CAN BE. DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR? aND AMERICANS, WE OFTEN OVERLOOK THEM, AS IF THEY WERE FIGMENTS OF OUR DAUNTING IMAGINATION. wHAT DO YOU THINK FAMILY.. ARE WE AS AMERICANS NOT PROTECTING OUR NEWEST IMMIGRANTS...? IS IT OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DO SO? IF NOT WHOS IS IT?

2. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have absolutally no problem with helping LEGAL immigrants that come here to live. But a few points about what you typed.

1. Megar wages: they arn't guaranteed a minimum wage, which they would be if they were here legally. They're affraid to demand better wages because they can be deported.

2. Hideous jobs: Lots of hideous jobs out there many are more dangerous and more disgusting than picking fruit or veggies, which is mostly what the workers do. Again, they could demand extra pay for the extra hours they work IF they were here legally.

The jobs they do are not jobs no one else will do...they are jobs no one else will do for a couple dollars a day...big difference.

They're not slave labor. They are creating there own problems by being here illegally, they don't have the law on their side in order to protest their wages or treatment. All they have to do is come here LEGALLY.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i am black.
    i look to the best interests of the black community.
    when you find some black Mexicans get back to me.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    That is pretty much my take on the issue....although there are some black Mexicans (they aren't the ones coming over here)!

5. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    mY FATHER IS THE PRODUCT OF A BLACK MEXICAN, SO.. JAMES.. IM GETTIN BACK AT YOU! iTS NOT ABOUT WHAT THEY DID TO GET HERE, NOR WAS IT WHEN WE GOT HERE.. ITS ABOUT GETTING THE LIBERTIES ONCE WE ARE HERE.. AND IF NOT GRANTING THEIR WISH TO BECOME AMERICANS... PROTECT THEM FROM THE PEOPLE THAT WISH TO EXPLOIT THEM. BY ENFORCING LAWS, AND MAKING NEW ONES FOR BUSINESSES, SO THAT EVERY MAN IS COUNTED FOR.. WE HAVE A FOOD INSPECTOR.. HEALTH INSPECTOR.. WHAT ABOUT AN IMMIGRANT INSPECTOR?

6. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I think there should be atleast a 10 year moratorium on ALL immigrants coming to this country both legal and illegal until the ones who are in here today have learned to properly integrate and assimilate.

If we want to help out poor Mexicans then let us get this foolishness over with and colonize all of Mexico and Central America.

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    You know I just stated that there are black Mexicans, and here comes PoeticManifesta to verify it with her father's heritage. I can identify with poor people striving to improve their condition. However, I see nothing position about millions of illegal immigrants (an estimated 12 million and increasing) flooding the US job market. This has negative consequences for the majority of Americans, and African Americans in particular. The US economy is currently struggling, and has been for some time. Thousands of people are getting layed off monthly, many of whom are black, and many of whom struggle to find new employment. In a time where literally thousands of US citizens (both white and black) are struggling to find employment, it is sick to grant employment rights to illegal workers. Although this negatively effects many Americans it mostly affects blacks. For the last 20 years Latinos have taken jobs which used to historically go to Black people. Janitorial services and meatpacking (while menial work) used to be dominated by a unionized well paid black labor force. Now however they are dominated by a non-unionized immigrant labor force, who I might add have decreased the pay for these positions. For those of you who live in an area that is heavily populated by Latinos I'm sure you will have noticed that jobs which once went to Blacks (like fast food, retail, car sales), and now going to Latinos. I'm sure you that you have noticed that low income loans and housing programs that once focused on Blacks are mostly going to Latinos. All of this would be a positive if it meant that Blacks as a community are moving up in society, but that isn't the case.

What I see happening is a political agenda (by Republicans & Democrats) to further increase their power by catering to potential Latino voters, and at the same time to further castrate Black America. I've always felt that the number of blacks who are imprisoned served two purposes: When people are jailed they lose their suffrage (voting) right, and in many cases their employment rights. By jailing millions of Blacks (men & women), the political & economic power of the Black Community is severly dimenished. Legalizing millions of illegals furthers this trend. We all know that the last presidential election was decided by only 400 votes. Latinos (Cubans) in Florida are credited with being the deciding factor in the 2000 election. Many of whom switched from Democratic from Republican over the Elian Gonzalez issue. With Latinos surpassing the Black population (many of whom don't vote), and if Republicans win over the Latino vote, they will have all the votes they will need to say in office for years to come. If a presidential administration (or state/county) does not need the black vote to stay in office, then it does not need to address our needs. If a political administration does not need the black vote to obtain an office.....then it WILL NOT address our needs. We are witnessing a covert attempt to remove Black America as a relevant sector of the US!

8. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    FURTHERMORE, IF THERE ARE NO PEOPLE THAT WISH TO USE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS BECAUSE OF THE REPROCATIONS, THEN THERE WILL BE LESS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, AND MORE AMERICAN CITIZENS, VS IMMIRANT. wOMEN CROSS THE BORDER 8MONTHS PREG. SO THAT THEY CAN STAY IN THEE U.S WITH THEIR HUSBUANDS, AND DONT YOU ALL THINK IF IT WAS SO EASY TO GET INTO THE US LEGALLY, EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING SO, AND PEOPLE WOULDNT BE LOOSING THEIR LIVES, IN ABANDONED STORAGE CELLS IN THE MIDDLE OF TEXAS SUMMER?

9. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    pAN, YOU MADE MY NEXT POINT! REFER TO NEW THREAD!

PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OPEN THREAD, AND VIEW.. EXTERMINATION OF THE BLACK RACE!

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i have been saying this for some time.

the white boys are more than willing to sacrifice us all for their slave labor fix.
    we have no security if we can not even secure our borders.
    the next terrorists will just walk across the border.
    and by the way, this applies to our pale skin friends to the north.
    no immigrant should have a job until every American has one.
    what we have now is a ticking time bomb.

since when did it become our responsibility to help out any one?
    i pay taxes to help my own.
    they have a country, let them act like it.