Black People : FUNERALS ARE UNNCESSARY

oceolo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 25, 2005
Why do people spend several thousands of dollars for a funeral service ,flowers,a casket and a headstone when their love ones die ? Wouldnt it make much more sense to cremate the body and then hold a gathering of friends and family at your home to share memories of the bereaved? It seems like we are conditioned by our culture to have a an expensive funeral in order to show our love and affection for the dearly departed and supposedly the more expensive the funeral the more love we have for that person. All funerals ultimately do is fatten the pockets of funeral directors.

oceolo said:
Why do people spend several thousands of dollars for a funeral service ,flowers,a casket and a headstone when their love ones die ? Wouldnt it make much more sense to cremate the body and then hold a gathering of friends and family at your home to share memories of the bereaved? It seems like we are conditioned by our culture to have a an expensive funeral in order to show our love and affection for the dearly departed and supposedly the more expensive the funeral the more love we have for that person. All funerals ultimately do is fatten the pockets of funeral directors.

I agree completely, Funeral Directors prey on the grief of the family. If you are dead, you're dead. What does it matter how you are buried. A dead body doesn't know the difference between a $5000 coffin and a $15000 coffin. People go bankrupt paying for a funeral then they only visit the cemetary once a year for the 1st few years, then never again. Over time cemetaries are not respected anyway, most tombstones are knocked over and built over. Has anyone ever thought about how long the Earth has been around and how many people have died? What happened to all those bodies? Your standing on them (unless you're on the 2nd floor..LOL)!! There is no such thing as sacred ground! Cemetaries are prime Real Estate, which will someday be built on...that is a guarantee! If one really want to honor their family members who have passed, cremation and putting the ashes in an urn is a more beautiful way to do so. That way people are truly remembering their ancestors on a daily basis. They take them with them when they move. You also don't burden your family with expensive funeral cost!

Truthfully.. ive often thought this was too extravagant.. I wish to be cremated.. and either crushed and compressed into a "Hope diamond" which is a labratory creted diamond.. made of the ashes of you love one.. or shot up in the air in a firecracker.. so my ashes can travel to places my eyes were never able to see. Maximum cost.. 1500 dollars.. and ill leave that much in my bank account to cover the bill.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back