Black People : Full scholarship at washington University

I received the following from Washington University in St. Louis:

Dear Webmaster,

The information posted regarding Washington University's Ervin Scholars Program is incorrect. We would appreciate it if you would correct your web site or remove the reference entirely.

The correct contact information for the program is:

Washington University in St. Louis offers up to 10 full-tuition
scholarships each year to exceptional African American students enrolling
as first-year undergraduates at Washington University. The Ervin Scholars
Program is highly competitive. Students are chosen on the basis of their
academic merit, their leadership skills, and their commitment to community
service.

To be considered, high school seniors should apply for both admission and
the Ervin Scholars Program by January 15 of their senior year.

For more information, please contact:
John B. Ervin Scholars Program
Campus Box 1117
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899

(314) 935-7192 or (800) 638-0700.

Thank you for your assistance.

It is our pleasure. Thank you for the correction.

:heart:

Destee

Hey family,

There is a much bigger correction to be made regarding the John B. Ervin Scholarship at Washington University. I am a sophomore at Washington University, and yesterday, the administration announced that the Ervin scholarship is no longer only for African-Americans. Starting next year, this scholarship is open to everyone. This decision was made after WashU was pressured by right-wing legal organizations (such as the one who sued University of Michigan) and threatened with a law suit based on reverse-discrimination. There are other minority-only scholarships at WashU, specifically the Annika Rodriguez scholarship for Hispanic students, however WashU was only threatened and told to change the African-American undergraduate scholarship. Washington University is not the only school targeted; these organizations are threatening many of the best universities across the nation. The African-American student body at WashU is outraged. I just thought that I would let this forum know, being that this not only affects WashU students and prospective WashU students, but also the black community as a whole. If you would like to know more about this issue, here's a link to the article in our school newspaper: http://www.studlife.com/news/2004/0...rship.Drops.BlacksOnly.Criterion-649597.shtml

Much love and peace to all,

Smartgurl
(a disappointed and discouraged black student)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back