Black People : FTLT: Celebrity Racist Rants

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by We, Nov 5, 2007.

1. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    FTLT (For The Last Time)

The following is a excerpt from my response regarding an email I received regarding the "Dog, The Bounty Hunter"

I'm hardly moved to even comment on this... -only because it is the same commentary given with Paris Hilton, Michael Richards(Kramer), Don Imus, this idiot, and those celebrities who have yet been caught indulging the urge to express their racist feelings in public.

But I'll indulge once more... LOL! Here we go! (Please excuse the disjointed, unedited commentary to follow.)

Stand Firm in Your Racism
    I would have felt better if he would have just said, "That's right. I said it! I offer no apology."

Worthless Apologies
    It would be refreshing to see them stand firm in their beliefs instead of going "hat-in-hand" to Al Sharpton to deliver a worthless apology. What a waste to demand or even accept an apology in the first place! I didn't even read his apology but I'm sure it wasn't even directed to the Black young lady to which he was referring but more to his sponsors and the pseudo Black leadership. (Sorry... Yeah. Sorry I got caught. Please don't take away my paycheck.)

Threat Analysis
    F-ck these celebrities. Be more concerned with the cracka in the cubicle next to you that would let it fly in a liquor-induced rant at your office party. -and you find yourself "catchin' a case" from trying to choke the **** out of them. There's the danger! Lawyer your @ss up! “Somebody call my wife and tell her to get my bail money together.”

Self-Hatred
    More and more I'm starting to understand why whites feel like that can get away with it. I just caught an excerpt of DL Hughley's latest comedy special. He uses the word more than I've ever heard in a single show. (nearly incorporated into every punch line. (callback)) How do we deal with this double-standard? -we won't! Sleep-walkin' negroes. The joke is on us!

We don't take this word seriously. Why should they? This frustrates me the most because its use by lost souls is the biggest manifestation of self-hatred that I can think of.

The Same Pain
    Dropping the word "******" has simply become a publicity stunt. It’s a risky gambit for some celebs that have used 14:58 of their "15 minutes". However, we fall into that same trap every time.

Why? -Because whether we've admitted to ourselves or not, we feel the same pain when it is used with malice by a white person and when it used by, for example, David Chappelle or Kayne West. It touches us on a subconcious-level. We've tried to convince ourselves that it doesn't mean the same or Kayne is not talking about me. We look foolish and hypocritical when trying to reconcile the double-standard. As far as I'm concerned, let them use it all they want. I say this only because we've already proven that we're incapable of stopping the lost souls from using it. (These agents are committed to their mission and proved to be very committed to their treasonous efforts.) Therefore, if we can't hold our own to the same standard, then we have to completely disarm the racist. We no longer can't be selectively enraged by its use.

So, I say to all the crackas seeking to fulfill their desire to use the word, " Go ahead use it! I know you do in your thoughts -in the privacy of your home -in the semi-privacy of your inner circle. Free yourself! Let me know where you stand. Lift your white hood you coward!"

Either we view its use as hatred -regardless of it source -or as a term of endearment.

"Gook, please!"
    Furthermore "...using it as a term of endearment", come on. Get serious! You don't love me! When I hear one Vietnamese person say to another, "Gook, please!" -only then maybe I'd reconsider this as an excuse. In the meantime, stop giving providing an "out" for the racist when they are faced the consequences of using it.

Back in the day Black men started calling each other "Man", as in, "How you doing, Man?” This originated as a response from being called "Boy" by the white man? ... Today, "Man" has been replaced with "*****" or "dawg". Don't talk to me about "a term of endearment"! GTFOOHWTBS!!

Why is it "racist" ?
    The racist wields this word knowing it has the power to provoke. They understand this! (this is why that use it rather than any other word choice to express themselves) If they can "provoke" without consequences... here-in lies the power. It remains in their playbook, in their arsenal. (For example, a strategic thinking may consider... "You may beat my ***, but you will lose your job and probably face jail time.")

This is one of the reasons why I believe ALL white people are racists. -because they have the POWER (on many of us) through the use word to incite us to violence against them. Add to that scenarios, in which that where there are protected... be it out the window of a moving car -or where there's physical mismatch -or in a society where the criminal justice system is.. just that, “criminal”! (-no need to elaborate, right?)

A Sharp Stick
    Would you poke a lion with a sharp stick? Nah, not a good idea, right? How about if that lion (or another lion) frustrated you by challenging your supremacy or your dominion over it? (-whether it be intellectual, physical, or economic.) Still no? How about if that lion was in cage or tethered by a chain? A sick mother****** would. (European = "sick mother******") (see: bear baiting)

Conculsion
    Save this email and file it in the "For The Last Time" folder.

So, in a couple months from now when Brad Pitt or Jessica Simpson or some other random public figure gets caught talking greasy about Black people, just replace their name in the text above. -and forward to all you friends and get your "keyboard" activism on! -temporarily pacifying yourself until the next assault on your people.

OR ... perhaps... we can use that energy develop and deploy a real strategy on how to effectively deal with this troublesome word.

Peace and Medase,
    Laz

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hey Brother Lazarus ... good to read you again ... :wave:

You know, i've often thought, it was a mistake to take down the "colored only" signs, attempt to outlaw the discriminatory practices, as they've only moved it underground, veiled it, making it more difficult for us to see. It's not as though they've stopped these things.

Now many of our people, believe racism doesn't exist, because they can't clearly see the signs. Leaving us to convince our folk that it does still exist, while trying to overcome it. It's like fighting ghosts, some see them, and some don't.

I don't really know if keeping the signs and blatant racism out front, would have proven fruitful to us ... but the way things are now ... it's more difficult for us and especially our children, to see. Virtually rendering us as sheep, being led to slaughter.

It's hard to fight, what one can't easily see.

Again, good to read you.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Don Imus Signs Deal With Citadel to Return to Radio

Imus Signs Deal With Citadel to Return to Radio

Just months after controversial radio host Don Imus was ousted from CBS Radio in the wake of racially insensitive comments, he is headed back to the airwaves, in a move underscoring the radio industry's need for bankable talent.

Mr. Imus and Citadel Broadcasting Corp. on Wednesday put the finishing touches on a deal that will bring him to WABC-AM, the flagship station in New York that Citadel acquired last year when it bought Walt Disney Co.'s radio-station assets. He will start Dec. 3, and ABC Radio Networks will syndicate the show nationally. Through a representative, Mr. Imus declined to comment.

His salary is in the region of $5 million, a person familiar with the matter said, although he could boost that through syndication deals as they emerge. At CBS, Mr. Imus's salary was around $10 million, including syndication.

Although many advertisers, including General Motors Corp. and Staples Inc., dropped both the radio and television shows in April, industry executives say many former advertisers will likely return. "If you think about all the broadcast personalities who have been boycotted for one reason, or another, and come back again to have a successful second life, I would think Don Imus has little to worry about," says Matt Feinberg, director of radio and interactive broadcast extensions at ZenithOptimedia, a unit of Publicis Groupe SA.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

See ... it's all smoke and mirrors. In a few months, he'll be making that 10 million, and then some, never skipping a beat.

Destee

4. FaithSoulSistah

FaithSoulSistah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    That's true Destee. So many actually are oblivious to racism unless its the in-your-face rants of a Don Imus or Michael Richards. So that does make the battle harder when you have to convince your own people that racism 'aint dead or limited to 'isolated' events.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Defense of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Tells Much about America's Racial Backslide

The Hysterical Defense of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Tells Much about America's Racial Backslide

A&E's suspension is simply a cover your butt holding action that left the door wide open for Dog to climb back on the airwaves. That prospect was even more real and fresh in mind with the announcement the day before by Citadel Broadcasting that shock Jock Don Imus had cut a deal with the network and would be back on board December 3.

A&E might and probably would do the same once the furor died down. The reason is simple. Dog tinkles the cash registers for A&E. It's a network that in the past few years has transformed itself from a station that prided itself on high brow, educational faire into a channel that now routinely churns out reality type schlock to makes a buck.

If Dog were black and had unloosed a string of expletive laced white "B"s at his son for dating a white woman, there would have been a national outcry. A&E would have instantly and permanently pulled the plug on the show. And the Dog would have never in this life graced any studio in America.

There would have been no talk of forgiveness, or let by gones be by gones, and he's suffered enough prattle. He would have been the enduring fount of evil and eternal symbol of bigotry and intolerance. Just ask former Grey's Anatomy star Isaiah Washington or ex NFL superstar Michael Vick It's also evident in the backlash to the Jena 6 case in Louisiana and from Genarlow Wilson's case in Georgia. Two cases where young blacks were harshly charged with alleged crimes against whites. Many turned silly, verbal summersaults to rationalize, duck and dodge and ultimately justify the racial injustice against them.

It's no surprise why. During the past two decades, the drumbeat of black bashing, stereotyping, negative typecasting, and vilification of young blacks has ballooned into a lucrative growth industry in much of the talking head media. The hunt and scrounge for any excuse no matter how threadbare to justify racial abuse and injustice is relentless.

Washington and Vick did the same tear jerk mea culpa as Dog but it didn't soften any public hearts toward them.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

I guess it will take our bodies being burned, skin dripping to the ground, before we are moved to unite and change things.

Destee

6. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Well said, brother Lazarus. It is sad that in 2007 we expend wasted energy on discussing racist remarks made by whites. I am with you 100% that these comments aren't worth discussing. Black people need to wake up - read about ourstory - read about our oppressor/historical enemy - and rise as a people. All white people are racist aggressively or passively (reaping benefits of their racist system). The only ones (Black people) who are shocked are those lost souls hurt once again my masta's refusal to love them by showing his true hand.

7. torch

torch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Hypocracy of america as usual

Michael Vick [​IMG] and Isiah Washington [​IMG] get critized for doing things that have been done by europeans for centuries (remember chicken fights to the death in america in the 1700s-1800s)

I agree 100% the same with them white spoiled ******* like spears [​IMG] and [​IMG] lohan, they give this "its hard to be a spoiled white ***** daily" cry and white folks eat it up like candy. Yet vick and Washington get no sympathy, racism is right in our faces.

Look at how oj simpson [​IMG] was treated compared to Phil Spector [​IMG] and Robert Blake [​IMG] .The difference in ALL these cases were EYE WITNESSES said blake and spector were either known for putting guns in girlfriends faces or he tried to pay someone to kill his/there wife. Were's the slandering of these 2 men? Were's the "he should be in jail for life" ranks by white folks? Because its white men with money killing there wives.

No where...yet oj is "mentally lynched" daily because he supposidly killed his cheat white girlfriend..oh yea the media doesnt bring that up

How about Claire Harris [​IMG]who ran over her husband with a car 3 times ON CAMERA yet gets 14 years and all this sympathy because he cheated? Wheres the sympathy for Oj when his wife cheated? Time to wake up black people!!

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    the week this happened a young girl at my job said "they're making a big deal just cause he said (n++++)". This was a young African American girl,so her youth had much to do with. Many young kids use the word freely in front of whites.I guess we were all young once, but it is sad to witness.

recent pop culture like-Pulp Fiction ect is to blame.Kids were seriously brainwashed by that film.