frustration

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by gempis, Mar 13, 2004.

1. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have been trying to post a poem in the quiet peaceful lounge today, and keep getting the following:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/destee.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/functions_search.php on line 193

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/destee.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/functions.php on line 468

Just thought I'd report this, which seems to be some kind of technical problem, as I've never had a problem posting or creating a topic before.

Thank you.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    ok gempis here's what seem to be the problem
    i too have been through it .....shorten your number of words
    or change the title around a bit sometime even have to re-boot
    and it should work try it and let me know i had to help another
    member with the same thing and it worked for them and me as well
    thanks for letting us know sistah try this should work.
    Mod
    $R

3. gempis

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    Well, the poem isn't overly long. My stuff isn't real long - I've seen many many other pieces that are much longer, so that part doesn't make sense. I tried another title. I also tried doing "preview post" before submitting the thread. And I reboot my computer everyday, so I'm at a loss to figure out what to do next, cause it still isn't working. Thanks, $$RICH$$, for trying to help. I guess I'm still frustrated. :flame:

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    relax sistah i will figure it out for you
    let me try something and get back to u
    ok ......relax

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hello Sister Gempis !!!!! :cry: I'm so sorry you're experiencing this trouble. I am still sorta kinda on vacation and have not been on the forum as much, so please forgive my delay in responding.

Thank You Brother $$RICH$$ for helping our Sister with this issue.

Unfortunately, i've seen it too and it is a problem that has been reported to the developers. It's not your system. It should not be giving us this error message. We are using a release candidate software (beta) and the final version should be released any day now. I'm hoping that with the new upgrade, this problem will be solved. I've been able to implement a few temporary fixes, but it keeps showing up. Again, the developers are aware and hopefully they'll give us a permanent solution to it soon.

Sister Gempis, is it doing it to you right now? I've found that it does it to me on a number of different occasions, not necessarily just when i'm trying to post ... but during searches as well. I kinda did a little "jack-leg fixing" on it ... so tell me if it's okay right now.

Much Love Sister Gempis.

:heart:

Destee

6. gempis

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi Sister Destee!!

Thanks so much for your words. And $$RICH$$, thanks again for the help. I was finally able to get it to work the other night after $$RICH$$, Sister watzinaname and Sister mzblkangel suggested changing the title, among other things. Very peculiar! But it worked, cause when I changed the title suddenly I could post. I don't understand but I was very happy, because you know how difficult it is when you are burning to post something and you can't. :shades:

I hope you are traveling safely out there, Sister Destee!

Much love,

G