Black People : From youre apinion.? What is the defenition of a" Ho."..

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by LibertyLady, Oct 2, 2003.

1. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    I was just wondering what Youre defenition of a H_O Is......?
    brothers and sisters...
    this discussion is verry on this day,s sinds that song of cristina aguileira (yes i didnt slpelled he name right) "cant hold us down" or "'shout out loud" i dontknow what it is....

2. SOULDEEP3

SOULDEEP3 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    a "Ho" is a man OR a woman who is a nymphomaniac, which means one's sexual appetite is uncontrollable & never fully satisfied regardless of how many different partners they have....in fact, to a ho, the more sexual partners,the merrier.

3. Royal_T

Royal_T Well-Known Member MEMBER

LAW ENFORCEMENT SOMETHING!?!
    Ratings:
    +13
    A HO....A female or male (mostly a title for a woman) that has no discretion what so ever as to who,when, where or why they sleep with someone. It's more of a mental blooper that people can't seem to shake or heal.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    If this were posted by anyone other than our dear darling Sister LibertyLady, who i know means no harm ... we'd probably be deleting / moving this thread.

Sister LibertyLady lives in Holland and as a result, it may not be real clear what this term means, even though she hears it in the music coming out of this country.

Sister LibertyLady, it is meant to be very demeaning. If a person refers to you, or anyone, as a ho, they don't have any respect for you ... and probably none for themself as well.

I think it could be defined in several ways, mostly based on actions by some regarding their own lack of self worth. A person who has low self esteem may allow anyone to have sex with them, or sell themselves for some small token, totally disregarding their own body, mind, and soul. I think it all speaks to their life disappointments, depression, and all kinds of negative things that would encourage a person to sink to such depths.

I think too that much is revealed regarding the person that uses this term to refer to another. Whether you are the one being referred to as a ho or the one calling another that name ... neither are positive places to be.

:heart:

Destee

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    to me...
    this is anyone that has no self respect...
    or respect for anyone else...
    cause you can be a whore
    without eva have'n sex....
    for example....
    "yes men" are whores....
    mean'n the people who are around just
    to say yes to their boss...
    this is just my opinion
    peace
    khasm

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Something to be learned in every topic

I've learned something today and believe it or not it has to do with the difference between a whore (or more commonly referred to as 'ho') and a prostitute. I've learned...there is no difference.

I was prepared to offer a different opinion about a 'ho' being someone who engages in sexual acts in exchange for money. I thought that only applied to a prostitute. I didn't know that whore or 'ho', s-l-u-t (our system censors this word... :eek: but for the purpose of this scientific and intellectual discussion, I've chosen to spell it out) and prostitute are synonymous terms. Yes, I actually looked the words up in Webster's Dictionary (*lol*) I always thought that the term 'ho' described anyone that has many sexual partners but doesn't get paid for her/his sexual 'favors.' Interestingly, all three words are described as 12th to 15th Century Middle English terms. Isn't the word "whore" in the Bible? When was the King James Version written/published?

Either word, prostitution or 'ho' or s-l-u-t are derogatory terms usually applied to describe the unrestricted sexual behavior of women, although men can be called this as well. I don't agree that a 'ho' is a nymphomaniac though. I don't think that all people with constant high sexual drives or urges are a 'ho', but a 'ho' could be someone with a high sexual drive. I don't know that I would even define someone with many sexual partners as a 'ho,' at least not according to the dictionary definition. Not every person with multiple sex partners gets 'paid.' So they're not a 'ho'.

I'm not sure that I agree 100% that people with a less inhibited or less restricted sexual lifestyle suffer from low to no self-esteem. It's possible that some might be looking for love in many places, but I don't know that I agree that they all are. Some people just enjoy having sex and the more the merrier. Does this make them 'ho's' or sluts or prostitutes?

So now I'm curious. If you have more than one sexual partner, at the same time or even different times, and you're not paid for having sex, and by that definition you're not a 'ho'.... then what are you?

It's interesting how we can debate opinions about the strangest topics.

7. the_story

the_story Well-Known Member MEMBER

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    hmmmm....

well, i believe a ho is someone who has no dignity (i.e self-respect) about and/or for themselves, and will do anything to get what they want.A whore can be someone who looks at a man with lust, (because u can be a whore of the mind) how and what u think about is what u are.

much love,
    -story

8. Mahogany_Brown

Mahogany_Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Isanusu can you please define anti-sexuality?
    Thanks..