Black Spirituality Religion : From Your Understanding How Long Was Jesus On Earth After He Was Resurrection?

asmith161718

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 31, 2009
Wow. I just came across the Apocryphon of John for the first time and according to that text Jesus walked on earth for over a year after he was resurrected. I'm not a bible scholar so I just assumed that he went to Heaven immediately after resurrection. This could also support the Mormon texts that Jesus came to the Americas after the resurrection.

From your biblical understanding how long did Jesus stayed on Earth after he was resurrected?

Wow. I just came across the Apocryphon of John for the first time and according to that text Jesus walked on earth for over a year after he was resurrected. I'm not a bible scholar so I just assumed that he went to Heaven immediately after resurrection. This could also support the Mormon texts that Jesus came to the Americas after the resurrection.

From your biblical understanding how long did Jesus stay on Earth after he was resurrected?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......The Mormon texts? And what are you specifically citing from the LDS to conclude this interesting statement?

In order to be on topic, I'll say this; you don't have to be a Bible scholar to find the answer, it's contained in the scriptures.

Peace In,

From your biblical understanding how long did Jesus stayed on Earth after he was resurrected?

From my understanding He was on earth for 40 days after His resurrection, although he appeared many times before the apostles it seemed as if it was a come and go kind of thing. I am going to have to look through my bible more, this is an excellent question.

lo, the Savior appeared, after departing from us while we gazed after him. And five hundred and fifty days since he had risen from the dead, we said to him, "Have you departed and removed yourself from us?" But Jesus said, "No, but I shall go to the place from whence I came. If you wish to come with me, come!"
They all answered and said, "If you bid us, we come."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/jam.html

Is this understanding (Gnostic text) 'biblical' or would it be considered 'extra-biblical'?

How would this understanding confirm the Mormon gospel in regards to Jesus appearing in America, and who in America at that time would have confirmed his appearance? According to what pre-Columbian texts? Is there any evidence of these appearances?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back