Black People : From: 'Stupid white men' by Michael Moore

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Aug 29, 2004.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    This article, taken from the British Guardian 2002, is exerpted
    from Michael Moore's ("Fahrenheit 911")book, 'Stupid White Men'.
    "...So how have we white people been able to get away with this? Caucasian ingenuity! You see, we used to be real dumb. Like idiots, we wore our racism on our sleeve. We did really obvious things, like putting up signs on rest-room doors that said WHITES ONLY. We made black people sit at the back of the bus. We prevented them from attending our schools or living in our neighbourhoods. They got the crappiest jobs (those advertised for NEGROES ONLY), and we made it clear that, if you weren't white, you were going to be paid a lower wage.
    Well, this overt, over-the-top segregation got us into a heap of trouble. A bunch of uppity lawyers went to court. They pointed out that the 14th Amendment doesn't allow for anyone to be treated differently because of their race. Eventually, after a long procession of court losses, demonstrations and riots, we got the message: if you're going to be a successful racist, better find a way to do it with a smile on your face.
    We even got magnanimous enough to say, "Sure, you can live here in our neighbourhood; your kids can go to our kids' school. Why the hell not? We were just leaving, anyway." We smiled, gave black America a pat on the back - and then ran like the devil to the suburbs.
    At work, we whites still get the plum jobs, double the pay, and a seat in the front of the bus to happiness and success. We've rigged the system from birth, guaranteeing that black people will go to the worst schools, thus preventing them from admission to the best colleges, and paving their way to a fulfilling life making our caffe lattes, servicing our BMWs, and picking up our trash. Oh, sure, a few slip by - but they pay an extra tariff for the privilege: the black doctor driving his BMW gets pulled over continually by the cops; the black Broadway actress can't get a cab after the standing ovation; the black broker is the first to be laid off because of 'seniority'.
    We whites really deserve some kind of genius award for this. We talk the talk of inclusion, we celebrate the birthday of Dr King, we frown upon racist jokes. We never fail to drop a mention of 'my friend - he's black...' We make sure we put our lone black employee up at the front reception desk so we can say, 'See - we don't discriminate. We hire black people.'
    Yes, we are a very crafty, cagey race - and **** if we haven't got away with it! "...Click here for the rest of 'white flight'

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    ain't that something u know

3. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    OldSoul

This is why we invited Mr. Neely Fuller to come and speak with us about racism/white supremacy. This is the very mentality among White people that some Black people don't see or hear about. And since we don't see or hear about it, we believe that it's not true and racism/white supremacy doesn't exist...of course, until it happens to us.

But, Black people shouldn't have to read or hear someone WHITE say something like this before they believe it. Our scholars and leaders have been telling us this all along. But, some of us refuse to believe it...would rather ignore it. And, that's sad. Let's face it. Let's not run away from, turn our backs to it...pretend like it doesn't exist. It does...and let's do something about it.

And this is where Mr. Fuller comes in. He admits that he hasn't solved the problem...and that he doesn't have the solution. However, he has a start. He's noted the observations. He's collected the facts. And, he has an outline...a code...for us to live by in order for us to replace racism/white supremacy with a system of justice. Will we listen? I don't know. We'll see.

Nice article.

dapz

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    dis be good post............ :thanks:

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    And all the time my people had me thinking it was just me who had a messed up insight into life ! But then again, I guess my insight is once again only good when a whiteman confirms it ! Oh well. Thanks for the post Bro.[/B]

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother OldSoul, thanks for sharing this. I read it when you first posted it and my initial thoughts were ... "gosh, you gotta like this white man!" ... and at the same time i had thoughts similar to Brother Keita's ... why do i get this feeling of great satisfaction when a white man says the very thing that we have known all along?

Following Brother Monetary's lead, in introducing Mr. Neely Fuller into this thread ... he said that if a white person happens to be a "good white person" and wants to help black folk ... then that "good white person" needs to go to his white neighbors, friends, etc., and do all that he can to convince them to end white supremacy and replace it with justice.

Well ... it seems this "good white man" is doing just that.

That's got to be a good thing ... right? Do we need white folk to help convince other white folk that the way they treat black folk aint right and it must stop?

i don't know ... but i'm still liking the way this white man attacks the injustice ... after all, he's on the inside of that great white circle ... surely he can do things that we can't ... since we iz on da outside?!

Brother OldSoul ... is this what class will be about today?

For those that don't know and have yet to attend one of Brother OldSoul's classes ... it's today and every Sunday @ 3 pm ET ... www.destee.com/chat ... and we have begun recording his classes as well. If you'd like to hear last Sunday's class ... Egyptian Mystery Schools ... you can find the recording at this address:

ftp://destee.com/pub/OldSoul

Hope to see you in class today!

:heart:

Destee

7. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Mr. Fuller also warns of White people who will seem as if they're helping us when all they are doing is advancing/improving the system of White supremacy. In other words, I still don't trust him.

peace

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Money ... how do we recognize one from the other? Does Mr. Fuller tell us that in his book? Or should they all be suspect until proven innocent? And what exactly qualifies as evidence that can prove them innocent (of advancing white supremacy)?

Destee

9. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    There is no way to determine which White people participate in White Supremacy or not. However, Mr. Fuller states the following in his book.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Thanks for sharing this with us Money.

You know i am not feeling this statement:

White people, collectively, are the smartest people in the known universe.

While agreeing with much of what Mr. Fuller says, i just can't agree with this one.

Destee