Black People : From Chains to Fools

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Mar 21, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HELLO!!! Anybody paying attention?

Ahhhh Sister Happy69, girl you are truly a valued member of our community! I wish I could high five you girl, because you really know how to bring the skeletons out of the closet and put them smack dab in our faces. As I read that article it had me cracking up :lol: because we all know what the writer is speaking of to be true. We've seen it and some continue to see it and the majority of us are guilty of it.

My people, we need to invest in ourselves and stop being led around by the noses like sheep. Charity begins at home. We deserve to be good to ourselves and stop thinking that white is better than Black. Why keep sending your hard earned dollars outside the community then turn around and beg for it back? Talk is cheap. It is simple to understand that it takes our financial support to keep our Black businesses like Destee.com open and running properly. If we don't invest in each other then we're not really a community, we just give lip service.

Sister Happy, thank you for practicing what you preach because it demonstrates honesty and integrity at the highest level. By becoming a financial supporter of a Black-owned business like this one, you are demonstrating your understanding of how it benefits us all and I wish more members would follow your lead. We really need to take this conversation to the next level and stop treating it like it's fluff--in my opinion. Bless the day that you joined us!

Keep keeping it real sis!

Your sister in the struggle!!!

Queenie :heart: :thanks:

3. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Queen, Sister, thanks for the big ups... this is and can be the pivotal step that we need to take. I know that we have said this a millon times before; but again, and again, and again, this is the truth...Why we are not doing it--We are Scared to Succeed(.)

Thanks.