Black People : From Chains To Fools...Flip-Flop On IN...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, May 4, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I know that We still have to fight injustices today. I just don't agree that We have to fight everything that somebody calls injustice.
    I never went to Denny's because of the discriminatory practices of it against African-Americans... and who never heard of it? I make it a practice, even if it is just me to not go places where I hear that my people have been hurt.
    My question is this, What is wrong with us; Why do We still beg for Acceptance from Racists? How many of you still go to Waffle House? ******* Barrel?

http://www.africana.com/newswire/home_article.asp?SMContentIndex=1&SMContentSet=0

There is the link, check it out; it probably won't make a dif. anyway.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    *side note: I have never encountered a sista who's militancy approached mine until I met Happy69*

I also have never eaten at Denny's because of their racism. I have never eaten at ******* Barrel (apparently an appropriate name), because the menu doesn't appeal to me. Now after learning this I never will. I support the idea of permanent boycotts, I'd like to drive some of these companies completely out of business. Indeed, after learning about Shell's business dealings in Apartheid South Africa, I have never bought gas there again. I have continued my personal boycott long after the NAACP has said it was okay to "fill-up" again. This is just the same ole, same ole. As long as we continue to shop & patronize white corporations, we will continue to face discrimination. The same goes for employment, because "they" can do whatever they want with their business. It is why I support PanAfricanism, and the building of not only black run corporations & cities, but self-determined black run nations as well. It is why I think you should start looking at the same Happy69.

3. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    [email protected]

I never eat @ the *******, Denny's or Waffle House. When I hear of injustices by businesses I too pemanently boycott them. I'm not going to give my money to places that don't care about my people. I try to support our black owned businesses when possible and will always continue to do so.

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    It's easy to boycott the obvious but often efforts to boycott companies like Denny's and ******* Barrell is neutralized because the nature of corporations today has changed. Major industry leaders like Proctor & Gamble, Viacom, RJ Reynolds, etc. own so many companies in their corporate portfolios that a boycott of one may only hurt that one but we may still be consumers of other products sold by those major corporations.

Because of this diversity in these global corporations, it's hard to separate yourself entirely from them as consumers unless you do your homework and are prepared to take it to the next level and remove ALL products held by parent corporations out of your household.

Queenie :spinstar:

5. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Then this is how We should approach the injustices. Doing a little homework can really save US. Or Are We Afraid to do so. I'm with you on this one.

P.A. Thanks, but you know I cannot go that far out--- well, not yet in my life anyway... I'm not there.... but I'm a thousand percent behind supporting Us.

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    :spinstar: Happy :spinstar: you always bringing the truth.

Pan you had me laughing. " NAACP has said it was okay to "fill-up" again. " this joke of representation. You are right...
    " *side note: I have never encountered a sista who's militancy approached mine until I met Happy69 "

Queen you too bring things into focus, I like that. Now in the libray there is a book that list all holdings of any American Corporation. The name fails me but if you ask the librarian they can show you in the reference section. Sit down because the amount of info and content will surprise you. I have looked up folks education, date born, childrens name, attorneys, where they attended college, what they own, how much they make a year, and where they live and home phone numbers in these manuals. Executives and companies are the easiest to research.

Cause I believe its best to know thy enemy!

I don't eat any longer at Denny's that ship sank long ago. They begged , " We want you back " , but that fell on deaf ears. ******* Barrel, I pass that up too. I posted an article of all companies that exported our jobs away, I'm ready for a boycott. Who ? When? Now!