Black Authors : From Babylon to Timbuktu

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Omowale Jabali, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Rudolph Windsor in his book From Babylon to Timbuktu: A History of Ancient Black Races including the Black Hebrews presents a thoroughly comprehensive history of the original Jews within the backdrop of ancient History. He traces their origins in Babylon within the loins of their forefather Abraham up to their birth and growth in the land of Canaan all the way up to their final dispersion from Palestine in 70 AD into the greater part of Africa, leading west.

Mr. Windsor exhibits a level of truth-telling that I have only seen in a few books.
    He traces the history of the black African Hebrews of Egypt and Ethiopia. We are given lucid glimpses into the Tabiban Kamant and Wasambara Jews who are presently known as the Falashim of Ethiopia. He also takes on intellectual excursions into the backgrounds of the Jews of the Malagasy Republic, which is present day Madagascar. And from there, the reader treks in to the world of the North African Jews to the black Jewish kingdom of Ghana. Out of the Jewish kingdom of Ghana, Windsor relays the interesting story of Eldad the Danite who informed the Algerians of this Hebrew empire south of the Sahara in the western Sudan. Eldad lived in the ninth century. (p. 92)

It was from Windsor’s book that I began to scientifically consider the so-called “black race” originating from Asia and not Africa. He quotes a Herbert Wendt, a white German scholar who asserts, “All indications point to the fact that Asia was the cradle of the Black race.” (p.35) Wendt certainly makes some unsettling conclusions in his book It Began in Babel, another good book that is out-of-print.

Windsor maintains that even the early Talmudic scholars were black, the eminent Moses Maimonides (aka “Rambam”) being one of them. (p. 113) He then turns our attention to the black Jews of Angola known as the Mavumba, the Jews among the Ashanti, the Jews of Dahomey, and the Yoruba Jews of Nigeria. The Yoruba Jews in particular called themselves by the name of “B’nai Ephraim” or “Sons of Ephraim.”(p.131)

http://frombabylontotimbuktu.blogspot.com/

2. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +299
    GREETINGS BRO. OMOWALEJABALI..

I HAVE THIS BOOK.....AND HIS OTHER BOOK . " VALLEY OF THE DRY BONES "

I CHERISH THEM BOTH.....

ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU BROTHA....

WARRIOR

3. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I am actually very frightened of this sort of literature.

"Jew" has a modern connotation of the EuroJew and whereas I can see the merit in reclaiming one's own past, I do not quite see the utility of concerning one self with the Jewish distinction.

Some Africans were the Original Jews--OK.

But the Original Jews were traitors, changing Kemet's ancient religion to "Atenism."

More, I do not believe that the Jewish faith was completely African, but more a mixture of Orientalism with Originalism (Our African Ways.) This I say because it's documented that Amenhotep IV had foreign advisers.

That said--and I admit, I did not read this book--Jews wouldn't be a model group for our African liberation.

It's interesting to read of a "Hebrew Kingdom in Ghana" but I want to know which Kingdom this is. Is it "the Kingdom of Ghana" which was Jewish? That's not the most agreeable thing in the world.

Not that I do not believe it--it's just that "Jews" were never a complete ally of Africans--African Jew or not. They were chased out of Kemet.

Interestingly, African civilization in Europe likely started as a result of this chasing--in Scotland and Ireland. We hear about Greece, but that was around the fall of Egypt; much after the 'exodus' of Jews.

Another note that I want to touch upon is the "eastern origin" of the Negro. I do not see the sense in it. I admit that J. A. Rogers himself suggests this to be the case; but it doesn't make any sense to me.

What is meant by it? The Negrito and Negro are the oldest populations and they were in Africa. As to the culture of Africans, it's clearly Sub-Saharan, finally becoming a monarchy in Kush. Where does Asia come into this picture? Kush went to Asia, we know, because the origin stories of Asian kingdoms involves Kush. So what about the Negro came from the east--if his culture was African and he himself had to be African?

Sure--Judaism partly came from the east--but that's not the Negro!

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    It's good to see you as well brother Warrior.

So, is there any specific information that the author presents that you care to share with us? This book seems to have gone under alot of folks radar, except for some reggage artists and Rastafarians.

Peace!

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Thanks for your response brother ABSblings.

You have made a few statements which I have a few questions in response. First of all, I will state that I have not read "From Babylon to Timbuktu" in its entirety, but I found this book while in the process of writing my own book which has a similar format with a similar focus with less focus on the Judaic roots of some of our people, since I dealt with those roots in my earlier text, "The Bible With Complexion", which is based on in-depth study of the African/Biblical genealogical record.

Therefore, I will get to the point and examine the statement you made to the effect that:

"Some Africans were the Original Jews--OK.

But the Original Jews were traitors, changing Kemet's ancient religion to "Atenism."

What proof can you share to substantiate your argument that the "Original Jews were traitors"?

I ask this because I find no proof that Akhenaten was "Jewish" or that his followers, or members of his priesthood were "Jewish". I will admit that my position regarding is well documented on this site, and I am less critical than most for numerous reasons which I may get into later, depending on the proof you provide.

Secondly, when you state, "They were chased out of Kemet.", where is the proof of this statement, and what exactly do you mean by "Kemet"? What evidence is there that the territory of Ta-Merita or Ta-Shema were referred to as Kemet" in the late 18th Dynasty?

Furthermore, where were these "Original Jews" chased out to?

When Akhenaten ascended to the throne, there were two rival priesthoods, one centered in Thebes, the other at Memphis, which represented rival families which had intermarried and held control of the state apparatus. Akhenaten's reforms sought to consolidate the state under a unified government, with the worship/cult center moving closer to the south which is understandable since his mother's family was of Nubian origin.

I must point out that most likely at the time he was not referred principally by the name Akhenaten". His prenomen was Neferkheperure-waenre.

Kheper en Re

As I have argued here before, his attempt to reform the religion and state apparatus was nothin new. The "Aten" was an aspect of Ptah at an earlier stage of the Memphite theology. I think that you may need to look closer at the systhesis which continued during the 19th Dynasty before it collapsed in the late Rammesid period.

"Politically, the New Kingdom brought internationalization, which defied the particularism of the Old and Middle Kingdoms. From Myceanae, Knossos, Mitanni, Babylon, and from the Hittites, Assyrians, Libyans & Nubians gifts & trade goods were flowing in. The XVIIIth & XIXth Dynasties produced a formidable theological synthesis (cf. The Great Hymn to the Aten, Ramesside Amun-Re theologyand great monuments of theocratic statesmanship). This political system collapsed under the last kings of the Late Ramesside period, the XXth Dynasty (ca. 1188 - 1075 BCE)."

http://www.maat.sofiatopia.org/memphis.htm

As far as your statements concerning the African presence in Europe, the civlization which sprung in the Levant was a result of the outward migration of what has become known as the Grimaldi. I am talkin about people, all of which have origin from the Nubt culture, also known as Nqada, which came out of the celestial waters of Nu (river valley high culture of Nubia and Kush).

"So what about the Negro came from the east--if his culture was African and he himself had to be African?"

Perhaps you are correct in your assertion "that is not the Negro" but it was the Negro who later was part of the Exilarch community held captive in Babylon that is mentioned in the Mishnah, long before any contact with the so-called "EuroJew", because there was no such thing at the time unless you consider the descendants of Kush, the Babylonians as Europeans when clearly the founder of their civilization was a black man, Nimrod.

Peace!

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    I am going to make one more point here and call it a night.

It concerns the terms "Original" and "Originalism".

I know that the Hon. Elijah Muhammad used terms such as the "Original Black Man" and the "Asiatic Black Man". I also know that one thing some folks have missed in the mythology concerning Ausar/Osiris is that it is asserted he "Came from the North, as opposed to Set, the Biblical Seth who undoubetedly was of Nubian origin.

Therefore, the following needs to be examined more closely:

Aten (also Aton, Egyptian jtn) is the disk of the sun in ancient Egyptian mythology, and originally an aspect of Ra.

Neferkheperure-waenre (aka Akhenaten)attempted to restore an ASPECT OF RA which had become submerged and superceeded by rival priesthoods which later held a stranglehood over the Egyptian economy, sending the Nation into chaos and financial ruin.

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Webster’s Dictionary (Gazetteer Section, p. 849) defines Sumerian as: The pre-Semitic population of the Lower Euphrates Valley. Sumer preceded Babylonia. The dictionary says there is a blood relationship between Dravidian Tribes of India and Ethiopian Sumerians (Elamites). Archeologists have found skeletons of the ancient Dravidian and Nedda types in Ur and Kish. Examples of Negrito types below: From http://andaman.org

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yemeni Negritoid
    "Arab" man
    (1950's)

Negrito of the Great
    Andaman group
    (1890s)

Andamanese Negrito
    of the
    Jarawa group (1960s)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yemeni Veddoid
    Man
    (1950s)

Vedda from Sri Lanka
    (1890s)

Black Hebrew Facts – There are Jews throughout Africa. (Do you believe those Jews who fled to Europe converted the African Jews left behind before Hitler went on his rampage)?

• Black Jews of Dahomey - (Benin)

• Black Hebrews of Egypt and Ethiopia - Ethiopian Jews are better known the world over as Falasha, a Ge'ez (ancient Ethiopic) term meaning "stranger" or "exile."

• Tabiban Kamant & Wasambara Jews

• Jews of Malagasy Republic

• North African Black Jews

• Black Jewish Empire of Ghana

• The Moorish Empire (Hannibal)

• Black Jews of Angola

• Jewish Ashantees

• Yorba Jews of Nigeria
    The Book of Exodus describes a Hebrew (Jewish) presence in Egypt in the former Kingdom of Kush.

http://stewartsynopsis.com/Isreal.htm

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Brother Keita,
    Good points but there is something I think you need to look at closer. That is, according to the Bible, we are not necessarily talking about Hagar, but his second wife Keturah, who is described as Ethiopian, which means she was from Kush. The descendants of this union represent the nations such as Sheba and Dedan, whch developed mainly around the Hrn of Africa.

Peace!

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    All of this is to be considered and understood for what it was....the killer is the time frame. Once we look at the emergence of the so called Hebrews, historically we are own our way down hill. All the great advances in technology, medicine, architecture, science and so forth are already old and Kemet is on its way down hill. The history of our people, even from a Biblical perspective is nothing more than a story of conflict and wars with outsiders...resulting in what we have today due to our own people taking them to be more humane than they have demonstrated themselves to be with us and with their own people.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. from babylon to timbuktu

2. timbuktu to babylon jews of angola excerpt

3. babylon to timbuktu online

4. isl kamantry,
  5. babylon to tombuktu jews of angola,
  6. from Babylon to Timbuktu Negro is not a African,
  7. Dr Rudolph Winston book from Babylon to Timbuktu page 84,
  8. the problem with from babylon to Timbuktu