Pan-Africanism : From African to African American: The Creolization of African Culture

I haven't gotten a chance to read that article yet, but this "African verses African-American" controversy is an interesting one.

I consider myself an AfroAmerican...meaning an American of African descent.

Why should I as a Black man born and raised in this country with roots going back hundreds of years forfeit my right to be an American?

I'm just gonna lean back and let white folks be the only "real" Americans while I look to Africa as my home.

We have deeper roots in this land than most of the whites in this country whose ancestros just immigrated from Ireland, Poland, and Italy 60 years ago.

We also have more Native American blood in us than whites.

More importantly, when you declare that the land you're living is is not your own and you don't belong there...you don't fight as hard to maintain your status in it.
Subconcioiusly you see yourself as a displaced resident even lower than a 2nd class citizen.

So I choose to call myself an American of African descent.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back