Black Relationships : Friends Forever

Mario William vitale

Jun 6, 2017
Over the last few weeks, my eyes have been opened wide only to sadly see the true colors of “friends”...I wish I were blind.
Know this- if I consider you a friend, I hold our friendship in the highest regard.
I will never say something behind your back.
I’ll be a true friend and tell you when you’re wrong.
I will disrupt my personal schedule and arrangements to be there for you.
I will stick up for you when someone talks **** about you.
I will not use our friendship for my own personal gain.
I will not mislead you- only advise/observe and let you make your own decisions.
I will not be fake.
If I don’t like someone, I avoid them at all costs.
I don’t keep my friends close and my enemies closer.
And if at any point in the past, I’ve made you mad, uncomfortable, come across weird, strange, etc...whatever...I am truly sorry. Never my intention and honestly being perceived in that fashion is one of my biggest fears.
I’m just an honest, caring, sensitive and sometimes terribly awkward guy.
It just sucks knowing that smiles and hellos that I initially received are sometimes followed by eyes looking for the nice soft spot on my back for their knife..

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Over the last few weeks, my eyes have been opened wide only to sadly see the true colors of “friends”...I wish I were blind.
Know this- if I consider you a friend, I hold our friendship in the highest regard.
I will never say something behind your back.
I’ll be a true friend and tell you when you’re wrong.
I will disrupt my personal schedule and arrangements to be there for you.
I will stick up for you when someone talks **** about you.
I will not use our friendship for my own personal gain.
I will not mislead you- only advise/observe and let you make your own decisions.
I will not be fake.
If I don’t like someone, I avoid them at all costs.
I don’t keep my friends close and my enemies closer.
And if at any point in the past, I’ve made you mad, uncomfortable, come across weird, strange, etc...whatever...I am truly sorry. Never my intention and honestly being perceived in that fashion is one of my biggest fears.
It just sucks knowing that smiles and hellos that I initially received are sometimes followed by eyes looking for the nice soft spot on my back for their knife..

Hi @Mario William vitale ... is this poetry or meant for the discussion forum?

I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience, but it does happen to the best of us.

The only ones that can really hurt us, are the ones we trust - the ones we call friend.

It's a 2 edge sword, but worth the risk when we've found true ones.

Don't let one (or few) discourage you (too much).

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
The world seeks to absolutely devour people like you because a lot of people in the world can't find it in themselves to be those things you describe; honest, caring, sensitive, etc.

Like @Destee stated, I hope you don't let the often self proclaimed "lions" discourage you. There are worthwhile human beings out there who truly believe in the type of friendship you described. They are worth waiting for and definitely worth hanging onto.

Blessings to you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People : Rihanna Says Tell Your Friends Of Other Races To "Pull Up" For Black Issues | NAACP Image Awards Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump tweeted lavish praise of himself from an evangelical Fox and Friends pundit, Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God” Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
R Black Poetry : look I'm boss in the hood but got lost in the woods now in town and somehow found friends, didn't re Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
IFE Black Men : Men who were sexually assaulted by women share their stories - and how their friends reacted Black Men 31
Kemetstry Black Relationships : FRIENDS CODES Black Relationships 2
HODEE Black Relationships : Men and Women Can't Be "Just Friends" Black Relationships 12
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : let-just-be-friends-comedy Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : woman-sacrifices-herself-in-dog-attack-to-save-best-friends-baby Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black People : OKC MAYOR AND FRIENDS CAUGHT IN KLAN ROBES AND HOODS Black People Open Forum 2
Liberty Black Relationships : CAN YOU STAY FRIENDS WITH YOUR EX? Black Relationships 25
Liberty Black Relationships : Can Men and Women really be friends? Black Relationships 16
Lrae Black Poetry : Can we be Friends? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Angela22 Black Relationships : Friends With Benefits Black Relationships 48
RAPTOR Black People : Obama and His Head-Chopping Friends Black People Open Forum 0
guttapoetfromny Black Poetry : Best Friends Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Relationships : Female Best Friends in United Kingdom Soul Style Black Relationships 0
R Black Poetry : John when in high school try rule had friends close as two Coats of paint founded dope make folks fa Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : John when in high school try rule had friends close as two Coats of paint founded dope make folks fa Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
MessengerofAhayah The Front Porch : Hello, Friends The Front Porch 6
RAPTOR Pan Africanism : DR. JOHN HENRIK CLARKE - YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS African American History Culture 20
MsInterpret Black Women : Why You and I Could Never REALLY Be Friends Black Women 61
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : i got a bunch of friends on facebook…now what? Science and Technology 39
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : FRIENDS OF DISTINCTION: YOU GOT ME GOING IN CIRCLES Black Entertainment 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : TLC - What About Your Friends Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
S The Front Porch : hi Friends The Front Porch 2
C The Front Porch : hello friends The Front Porch 2
A The Front Porch : my friends The Front Porch 2
Zaiyah's House Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jamming @ The Spit Factory Rec. Studio w/ Fam and Friends Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
P The Front Porch : Hi...friends. The Front Porch 5
Keita Kenyatta Black Relationships : Friends of The Opposite Sex Black Relationships 12
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Next Question Everybody ... What Makes You Gravitate Toward or Make Friends with Some People? Black People Open Forum 22
I Black People : having more white friends Black People Open Forum 11
legit-writer Black Relationships : Talking to a lot of oppostie sex friends if you are in a relationship Black Relationships 15
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Do You Put Your Friends First? Black Relationships 12
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Deborah Cox with R.L. - We Can't Be Friends Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Whodini - Friends Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
Each1teach1 The Front Porch : Hello Again Friends The Front Porch 6
MsInterpret Black Women : LADIES ONLY! Do you find it hard to be friends with other women? Black Women 57
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Lovers and Friends by LIL JON, USHER, LUDACRIS Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
O Black People Politics : Obama and your White friends... hands off Mother Afrika!! Black People Politics 22
1poetsought Black Poetry : We're Still Friends Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : The Friends Of Distinction Black Entertainment 2
C Black People : Broke Friends And Loose Women Black People Open Forum 28
MsInterpret Black Women : Are women really bad friends to one another? Black Women 4
lcw1969 Black Women : Married ladies-you and your female friends Black Women 7
river Black Jokes Humor : What Are Friends For? Black Jokes Humor 2
L Black People : White friends? Black People Open Forum 6
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : I Got Friends on the Other Side Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
R Black Poetry : Hello Friends Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
B Black Relationships : Staying friends. Black Relationships 3