Law Forum : Friend of OJ Simpson believes OJ will confess to murders

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Liberty, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,224
    [​IMG]

A longtime friend of O.J. Simpson believes that the former NFL running back will eventually confess to killing Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.

Ron Shipp, a former police officer and friend of Simpson’s who testified at his 1995 murder trial, hopes and believes that Simpson will come clean once he is released from prison.

“The guy is in total torment today,” Shipp told the New York Daily News at the premiere of ESPN’s new Simpson documentary series. “Someone told me he is 300 pounds and he looks horrible. O.J. has always felt his appearance meant everything and now, deep down inside, he is starting to live with himself.

“I hope one day he actually will rid us of all the doubt and all the conspiracy theories and say ‘sorry I cannot go to prison, but I am sorry I did it.'"

Read more

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...confess-to-murders/ar-BBtTvg9?ocid=spartanntp

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127
    I doubt it

3. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    What??

Let's play this scenario out.

Simpson is eligible for parole/release sometime next year in 2017, after serving about 9 years for kidnapping (holding hostage) and armed robbery.

When he gets out, his "friend" hopes and claims he will voluntarily admit to the felony crime of murder, which has no statute of limitations in California.

Upon this confession, Simpson will then, by his "friend's" hopes and desire, be sentenced again, and thus return to prison.

Am I missing something here?
    That's what "friends" are for

Maybe we are supposed to read that as "former police officer and former friend"?

Observe these play on legal terms that is used in this article
    This is in regards to prosecuting a defendant, who pleads "not guilty or innocent".
    If and when OJ confesses, litigation is not required, unless I am mistaken.

If OJ confesses, then by proxy, he would then turn himself in for said crimes, correct?
    He already wrote a book that "confessed".
    [​IMG]

Norman Pardo, Simpson's former manager, told the Huffington Post the book was written by a ghostwriter without Simpson's involvement. Rather, Simpson had accepted, against Pardo's advice, $600,000 from the publisher ReganBooks and its parent company NewsCorp to say he had written the book and to conduct an associated TV interview. Pardo told the Huffington Post that Simpson had rationalized:

"Hey, they offered me $600,000 not to dispute that I [wrote] the book." He said, "That's cash." I said, "They're going to think you wrote it." He said, "So? Everybody thinks I'm a murderer anyway. They're not going to change their mind just because of a book."

Source:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_I_Did_It

O.J. Simpson’s Former Manager Norman Pardo Says O.J. Was Paid $600,000 To Claim He Wrote ‘If I Did It’

O.J. Simpson’s close friend and former manager claimed Tuesday that Simpson did not in fact write the controversial book “If I Did It,” which explores how Simpson would have hypothetically carried out the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman if he had actually committed the crime.

Simpson’s longtime associate Norman Pardo joined HuffPost Live’s Marc Lamont Hill on the 20th anniversary of the infamous police chase that grabbed the attention of millions as Simpson led the pack in his white Ford Bronco. During the interview, Pardo claimed Simpson only agreed to claim authorship of “If I Did It” for a $600,000 payout.

Source:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/oj-simpson-if-i-did-it_n_5505227.html

Some still believe Simpson wrote or help to author this book.

Maybe some are just attempting to get some "Juice" before he gets out, Shipp might be putting a book...

SMH (that was just a random thought)...

Published: May 21, 2016

[​IMG]
    http://heartbehindthebadge.com

Book promotion and publicity, he'll be on talk shows and news outlets soon to promote his new book, that's how this usually works:10400:

'He's completely obsessed with her': Author claims O.J. Simpson 'wants to date Kris Jenner following prison release'
    April 24, 2016

Kardashian Dynasty author Ian Halperin told the NY Daily News that once O.J. Simpson is free he'll have his eye set on pursuing a romantic relationship with Kris Jenner.

The 68-year-old convict reportedly wants to date the Kardashian matriarch, with Ian saying: 'He’s completely obsessed with and apparently still has feelings for her.'

'O.J.’s going to try to reinvent himself, and his best gateway to doing that is through the Kardashians and Kris Jenner,' Ian said, regarding the convict's newfound freedom come 2017.

He added that the former 49ers running back 'is going to make a move' to get on the Kardashians' reality show, if not to get his own spin-off.

Source:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ate-Kris-Jenner-following-prison-release.html

Controversial Author Says O.J. Didn’t Kill But Knows Who Did
    May 16, 2012

William Dear lives on a large ranch near Hubbard, Texas. The quiet, rural retreat is probably the last place anyone would expect to find evidence that exonerates OJ Simpson, but Dear, a retired police officer and long-time private eye, has turned one of the out buildings on his ranch into his own crime lab. Inside, he claimed, is evidence that supports the case he makes in his new book, “OJ Simpson is Innocent and I Can Prove It.”

“I realized based on what I had been told that OJ didn’t do it. I believe that he had to have been at the crime scene, but I believe he was at the crime scene after the murders.”

William Dear says he ruled out a number of suspects before focusing on Jason Simpson, OJ’s son from his first marriage. His book paints a picture of a deeply disturbed young man.

Former O.J. Simpson pal Ron Shipp, a former LAPD police officer, believes his friend committed the murders and no one else. When he first heard about Dear’s book, he was stunned.

“When I read a lot of the things in the book, there are so many things in there that are so untrue,” said Shipp.

Source:
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/16/controversial-author-says-o-j-didnt-kill-but-knows-who-did

Related links:
    https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=A1PTBQAAQBAJ

4. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,224
    I think this might just be a ploy to garner interest in the upcoming TV show about OJ Simpson.

5. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    See Serial killer "Glen Rogers"

Yet video evidence of a violent crime produces no criminal charges...

No criminal charges for CHP officer seen punching woman in video
    December 3, 2015

Los Angeles County district attorney’s office announced Thursday that it would not file criminal charges against a California Highway Patrol officer who was recorded on video repeatedly punching a woman he had pinned to the ground along the 10 Freeway.

Officer Daniel Andrew was required to use some level of force to keep Marlene Pinnock out of freeway traffic for her own safety, the district attorney’s office concluded in a 30-page report on the case. Despite video showing that Pinnock was struck at least 10 times, the D.A.'s office said, there was “insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the force he used was unreasonable or excessive.”

Source:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...o-marlene-pinnock-charges-20151203-story.html

• "unreasonable or excessive force"

Note, these classifications are an attempt to skirt the charges of the "crime" being committed:

Battery: Definition
    Although the statutes defining battery will vary by jurisdiction, a typical definition for battery is the intentional offensive or harmful touching of another person without their consent. Under this general definition, a battery offense requires all of the following:
    • intentional touching;
    • the touching must be harmful or offensive;
    • no consent from the victim.
    Battery: Intent Requirement
    It may come as some surprise that a battery generally does not require any intent to harm the victim (although such intent often exists in battery cases). Instead, a person need only have an intent to contact or cause contact with an individual. Additionally if someone acts in a criminally reckless or negligent manner that results in such contact, it may constitute an assault. As a result, accidentally bumping into someone, offensive as the "victim" might consider it to be, would not constitute a battery.

Battery: Act Requirement
    The criminal act required for battery boils down to an offensive or harmful contact. This can range anywhere from the obvious battery where a physical attack such as a punch or kick is involved, to even minimal contact in some cases. Generally, a victim doesn't need to be injured or harmed for a battery to have occurred, so long as an offensive contact is involved. In a classic example, spitting on an individual doesn't physically injure them, but it nonetheless can constitute offensive contact sufficient for a battery. Whether a particular contact is considered offensive is usually evaluated from the perspective of the "ordinary person".

Source:
    http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/assault-and-battery-overview.html

Woman Faces Charges of Spitting at Corrections Officer
    May 13, 2016

A 21-year-old woman faces charges of expelling a bodily substance after police say she spit in the face of a corrections officer.

According to reports, Gonzalez turned her head and spit in the face of a nearby corrections officer.

If convicted, Gonzalez faces up to three years and six months imprisonment and up to $10,000 in fines.

Source:
    http://wrcitytimes.com/woman-faces-charges-of-spitting-at-corrections-officer

Up to three years and six months for "spitting" (probably some other add-on charges also).

While this CHPmunk gets no criminal charges of battery, punching someone in the head and face while they are lying on the ground (I recall that was Zimmerman's defense to shooting Trayvon), and probably relocated to another installation to patrol?

Interesting contrasts going on here.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Additionally if someonenegligent manner when he spit upon the victim. acts in a criminally reckless or negligent manner that ... In a classic example spitting on an individual doesnt physically injure them but ...