Frequent Use of Talcum Powder Near Private Parts May Cause Ovarian Cancer

Amnat77

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
(NaturalNews) According to a latest study conducted at the Harvard Medical School in Boston, women who used talcum powder around their private parts daily have a 40% higher risk of getting ovarian cancer. Even those who only used it once a week experienced a 36% higher risk. Although concerns over the use of talc had previously already been surfaced through other studies, these latest figures obtained suggest that the risks are much higher than thought before.

Details of Study

For this Harvard study, researchers looked at data from two previous studies, the New England Case-Control Study (NECC) and the Nurses Health Study (NHS), to try and locate a link between the use of talcum powder on the genitals and the risk of contracting ovarian cancer. They also tried to see how certain genetic factors might affect this risk.

All in all, the cases of over 3,000 women were studied, with 1,385 of them having had ovarian cancer and another 1,802 women not having contracted the disease. Both the previous studies had collated information on talc use by the women, including how frequently they used it and on which areas of the body.

The study was led by Dr Margaret A. Gates and funded by the National Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health.

Findings of the Study

The key finding of the Harvard study was the significantly higher risk – 1.4 times – of getting ovarian cancer for those who used talc daily. Correlation was also noted between more regular usage of talc with the development of serious and invasive cancer. Note that the findings of this study relate only to the use of talcum powder near the genitals, and do not apply to use on the rest of the body.

Further findings from the study was that women who have the gene glutathione S-transferase M1, or GSTM1, but do not have the gene S-transferase T1 ( GSTT1), had almost three times as high the risk of developing tumors. This genetic combination is believed to be present in about 10% of Caucasian women. Women who were only lacking the gene GSTT1 also had a higher cancer risk. This higher risk also applied when the study team considered serious, invasive cancer, which is one of the three main types of ovarian cancer.
http://www.naturalnews.com/024702.html

Wow, Amnatt, you think this is true obviously?

I don't use powder often but I have used it.

Summers Eve Powder, I have to check and see if it has talccum in it.

Astrolologer4U

Even though White women are 50% more likely to get Ovarian Cancer in the US and Canada (i suspect this is why the study was done) we should still take heed.

You dont have to use powder if you wax all the hair off:qqb023:

Even though White women are 50% more likely to get Ovarian Cancer in the US and Canada (i suspect this is why the study was done) we should still take heed.

You dont have to use powder if you wax all the hair off:qqb023:

Amnatt, I do shave with trimmers ;) I just use the powder from time to time during the summer.

Astrologer4U

do not do it!

Amnatt, I do shave ;) I just use the powder from time to time during the summer.

Astrologer4U

i thought this was general knowledge. these studies have been around for some time.
powder links to cancer. why are our people so mis educated?
don't put that poison on yourself!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back