FREQUENT CELL PHONE USE LINKED TO BRAIN TUMORS

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by KWABENA, Apr 5, 2006.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
  2. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    My take is only someone with doubts about cell phone usage and health risk would post and publish it

Yeah I am with you on this one. I do not have full confidence in cell phones myself. Nor do I want to go out of my way to discourage others.

There is alot of boasting in how much one's life will improve while looking down at those people who dont have one as being "poor" or "not trendy." or "not sociable".

For me that's cool.

But in terms of how God operates let me use the following.

CD

Paul the scholar and apostle.

1 Corinthians 1:27,28,29

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

That no flesh should glory in his presence.

If you understand this you will see why all thing we currently boast confidently in is not getting the approval of God which means that it has a defect that may harm you or somebody down the line in your geneology. Things are cool now but just wait or like myself watch how thing unravel. For me it has been creative and utterly amazing.

I have made it a HABIT to consider and chose the foolish, weak, despised, things not talked about, not considered for this reason alone.

I tremendously thank God for this. It working wonderfully in my understanding of how God operates.

Amen.

3. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Theyve known the effects of cell phpnes for a while now, thats why im against young children having em (17 & under) its like alkie. if a brain is still developing.. and you place a catalyst in its process of growth.. you know the outcome is going to be less than desirable.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Thank you Sistah Poetic for responding, and I definetly thank you dustyelbow for bringing that to my attention. I am guilty of not always referring back to the Word of God when it comes to the 'little foxes' that DEstroy people of today. I need to start doing that more often.

I just came off of starting up a controversial thread, so I am hoping that this issue will be just as informative, or maybe even persuasive for that matter (only for the number of viewers who are not aware of the hazards).

I say it alot - my generation has been spoiled with Technology. I will admit, not all of it bad, but most of it kills our mentality.

I have a cell phone, but on the verge of tossing it away. Not because it was turned off last year, but now because as I grow in these days, I am becoming wiser in what I possess. With that being said, I don't need a cell phone. Some people say it would be nice to have one, but I think not.

First of all, I have issues with cell phones such as ringtones, loud speaker (supposed to be privately interpersonal) conversations, and such, but when they all add up, my issue is the fact that it is just one big "Dis-traction." It causes a number dis-tractions in public, when it could be easily kept at home. Some people sit at home all day arguing and fussing at each other over the phone - next thing you know, they both invest in cell phones, and carry their madness into public. To quote modern-day black folks: "Ain't nobody try'na hear all that!" Keep it to yourself, and leave the phones at home. Your privacy is your business; no need to bring it out into public. That is outside the health dangers, although there are some.

CD

5. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21

Its not the technology I am worried about. Its the USE of it. Again as long as we use it for good, no problem.

But you have demostrated a common experience using this piece of technology. If it is common, we have serious problem underneath the shiny exterior of a cell phone that keeps cropping up. That is filled with fear, hate, and ignorance. That is a much larger growing problem. Its growth exceed any technology we have at our disposal.

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Thank you...............You have made an excellent point. It is not the product; it's the USE of it.

CD