Black Spirituality Religion : Freemasonry & What It Means to Black Men: Part I

"passed down"? "leading"? we just some benevolent teachers? what was our payment for this?

I've never stated or believed that passing information on to Europeans who would later oppress us was beneficial to our development. However, just because information was passed down to them doesn't mean that we cannot use it ourselves, since it ours to begin with. I gave these examples to illustrate that it is really no different than any other school of thought that was taught to others....It's still ours at the end of the day...making it the source...

perhaps. why do we need this now, going forward?

Well necessity is subjective. I would never say anyone needs masonry in their life anymore that would say they need Ifa or Christianity. What I do believe is that the lessons (when understood properly) can still be of benefit to an individual and groups of people.

Peace,

I'll put this out there and be done with it. Surely you can do better than a perspective that was borrowed/stolen from the Egyptian Mystery System, filtered through white people, then given to Prince Hall.

This would be like a black person going to a white toddler and asking that toddler to teach them the knowledge of them self.

If you're into the camaraderie and brotherhood of a fraternal system, I ain't mad at you.

If you're into the masons to learn about self........... you can do much better.

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back