Destee Network : Freelance Writing how do I get started

DeepSistaSoul

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 1, 2002
I myself have always wanted to own my own business, but it is kind of hard when you are young as I am and about to enter college. I have recently discovered a business that I think is right for me, but there is one problem how do I get started, Just got to go out and get it, you say. Well nothing in life is that easy, not even being born or death. So if you have any experience in the freelancing world or any helpful hints, please share them with me. I will be so appreciative of your responses. And remember god blesses those who bless others.

The deepest of them all
Deepsistasoul

Please contact me at the following addresses

Ms_preciouslove@hotmail.com
or
My main Box-
Poohb178@bellsouth.com
Once more thank you for your time and consideration.
PHP:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Hello DeepSistaSoul,

First let me say that I admire your desire to be self-employed and to be thinking this way at such a young age.

Since your question indicates that you are just beginning, or considering to begin, you will probably have to prove yourself ... which often means doing the work for free. When I started developing web sites, I did them for free, to prove to myself and others, that I could deliver what someone else wanted/needed. Of course those days are long behind me now, but it is how I started.

With the Internet being all about the "written word," I would imagine that there are lots of sites that would love to have you contribute articles for their visitors to read. While you probably won't get paid for this work, it will allow you to hone your skill and get your name and product in front of folk. You could also consider putting up a web site of your own (even one of the free site providers) where you can post your articles for folk to read. Of course, your work is always welcome here.

I would imagine, as in all professions, getting started and being recognized for the quality of your work is an uphill climb, especially with everyone having the ability to put up a web site, post a few articles, and call themselves "a writer." So you have to do whatever will be necessary, (long hours of studying and perfecting your craft) to set yourself apart from the rest.

Once you have proven yourself, the work you create will speak for you and people will pay to have your articles in their publications (magazines, newspapers, newsletters, web sites, etc.).

I've read the contributions you've made to this site and your work makes for great reading. Who knows, someone may read what you've posted here and write to you for the exclusive right to use it, make a movie, write a book ... who knows??!! Do be encouraged because God is able.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee