Black People : freedom....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by daroc, Aug 12, 2004.

1. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    i started this poem on freedom and everytime i revisit it i come up wit somin new... and cant stop.. so i was thinkin.. .

wat does freedom mean to yall... and maybe if i drop the long thing.. yalll can hit me pack wit some peoms yall came up wit........

2. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    thanks earth

but to the rest of yall- i kno freedom gots ot mean sumin to yall.. so pleaze stop biting yall tongues cuz i kno it hurtz

3. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Freedom is: The accumulation of knowledge of self. Without that the mental shackles of an enslaved people are still there.

4. Smurfette

Smurfette Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    To me

Freedom to me is letting me do what I want to, if your free than you should not have a limit, I can say what I want to say, do what I want to do, be who I want to be, learn what I want to learn, make what I want to make, see what I want to see, hang with who I want to hang with. Freedom to me is not having to worry about "What would happen if I do this", "Will I get in trouble for this" I am free, I shouldnt have to worry. Thats what Freedom means to me.

5. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    genuine freedom wld involve several components. i think it wld start w self determination, the ability 2 xercise control over 1's options & prospects n life. however, self determination wld ultimately b useless w/o a place (land) n which it can thrive & develop, or the resources needed (economic parity), a suitable environment (climate) n which 2 prosper, and, the intellectual acumen present 2 effectively pursue such a course of action.

i may hv 2 com back 2 this 1 lata. thot provoking ? :)

6. youngblackceo

youngblackceo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  7. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Freedom is my choosing to do rather than simply necessity. Freedom is of love. Freedom is of hope. Freedom is of blessing. Freedom is togetherness, unity, family. Freedom is strength. Freedom means a lot to me in thought and in feeling. Freedom is truly a gift that should be shared by the holder, and kept by one receiving, always!