Black People : Freedom Rider: Saving the White Man

Jionni1

Nov 5, 2013
Nobody deserves to be beaten for exercising their freedom of speech. I'm glad somebody sensible stepped forward to help this man.

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
"It is little wonder that black people are so forgiving. It is expected of us by the larger, more powerful group. We get messages both subtle and overt that white people’s feelings and wellbeing are very, very important and that our feelings count for nothing. We are taught that white people are to be protected and cared for and that we might get a little praise when we put their needs before our own. The merits of Ms. Thomas’s actions can be debated. But there is no debate about the inclination to act as she did. She saved the white man and was called good and worthy because she did so."

http://blackagendareport.com/content/freedom-rider-saving-white-man

Jionni1

Nov 5, 2013
are you a black person?
No, I'm not a black person. I could see how you might think that me being white might make me feel more sympathy for that man, but I assure you that my opinion would stay the same, irrespective of that man's race. I think that this woman made a prudent decision. It doesn't really matter what a person's political ideology is or what beliefs they may hold; we still have to tolerate people that we don't agree with. Obviously it's hard to know the entire story. Maybe this man provoked somebody, or he could have started a fight himself. But if he was simply taking part in a peaceful demonstration with the rest of his KKK friends, then I have a hard time seeing how he could deserve a beating.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: