Black Short Stories : Freedom of Speech under attack

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by AACOOLDRE, Sep 21, 2001.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    FREEDOM OF SPEECH UNDER ATTACK
    By Andre Austin

The Republican Henchmen are at their jobs again trying to mute all voices that criticize their leadership. This new wave of Inquisitions first started on the eve of Bush inauguration which relinquished a brutal attack on Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. No one knows where it will end.

The latest victim to receive the lash of the GOP pundits is the talk show host Bill Maher of Politically Incorrect. On September 17 Mr. Maher criticize politicians for not allowing the military to do its job against the madman Bin Laden. The spin masters reverse his statements and made it appear that he said that the military were cowards when he meant the politicians. But nevertheless, a small pocket of specialized Hollywood czars were successful in convincing Federal Express and others to pull their advertising dollars from Maher’s show.

In my best-educated opinion this Hijacking of free speech is nothing more than a pretext to get back at a borderline comedian/news reporter for making past jokes and criticism of the Bush Administration policies. My conclusion is based on Maher’s past unwavering, more than patriotic support for the military on his show. So what is this really all about? The subtext of the charade is that the Republican/ Reptilian chameleon’s conspiracy trying to make requiem and a meal out of an adversary who may cause harm to their future fumbles.

I refuse to sit back and allow Maher to be turned into an insect to be devoured on ulterior political plates. The true picture of Maher is a man who criticizes the Clinton Administration pacifist attitude for not annihilating Bin Laden when he hit us in our two African Embassies. We should have had the balls and resolve to bring back Bin’s head then. But this was in Africa so we see. But if we would of got Bin then we wouldn’t have been crying and holding hands over the monstrous act committed in New York.

So make no mistake about this: Bill Maher is more American than most Americans; and tells the unedited truth more often and frequent than any other talk show I’ve seen. But we all know that the first victim in war is the truth.

It seems kind of weird to me that if his statements were so controversial then why didn’t the press ask him any questions about his statements after he ending the program. News reporters were there but they ask nothing about. This raises my suspicion that Republican pundits wanted to make it a non-issue an issue for an axe to grind. The Reptilians are beginning to circle around like buzzards in predictable Modus operandi patterns. I just hope his true supporters and Sponsors can see through the smoke screen too.

By Andre Austin

Contact him for your support at:
    CBS Television City
    7800 Beverly BLVD
    Los Angeles, CA 90036

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    word up ! write on bring it

3. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Now I know I need to find my Afro pick.. and a business suit.. Cause the new battles are being fought in the boardroom, and notm on the streets! Keep bringin' the real!

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    dis was fire love the way u bring ya story showcase man