free weights vs body weight

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Therious, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    have been doing pull ups and push ups and sit ups aswell as lunges. ,opposed to weight training.i think i like the natural work out better.where as weights build bulk,pull ups build brute strength. does any one else have an opinion on natural work out vs weights?

2. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    There are benefits to all of them depending on how you use them. I use a combination of both, except I use high reps and low weights. For cardio I do HIIT training (which you can apply to any workout,http://www.hiitsource.com/)and I have found it to be more beneficial and less time consuming than normal cardio.

I train for strength and speed (bulky guys are notoriously slow moving and telegraphic in terms of fighting) but I am no doctor. Currently I do high reps and low weights with push-ups,pull ups, leg raises,squats,etc. I am still researching how to develop fast twitch muscle fibers and gain a reasonable amount of strength as well.
    The Tmagnum forums, tommy carruthers and chad waterburys websites should help shed some light on this for you.

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    no doubt will check this info out.took an mma class with a little muy thai.They are big on nartural training.