Black History Culture : Free to leave at sundown

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by dustyelbow, Feb 5, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    As a PEOPLE we were given NO BREAKS even when FREED, we had to be OUT OF TOWN by SUNDOWN otherwise that FREEDOM will be LOST.

Also I wish our YOUNGSTERS can get some of these DOLLARS from STATE and FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to FIND and APPRECIATE US instead of GREATER SOCIETY being GIVEN this PRIVILEGE. It would serve as the BEGINNING to GOOD THINGS but again its KEPT BACK from US.

That's the NATION at WORK.

When I say RUTHLESS, I mean IT.

Oh well.

2. NeterHeru

NeterHeru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    It seems to me the author of the article is displaying his ignorance of world history, by not realizing our holocaust was global and in all countries where Arabs and Europeans resided. Honestly I'm not sure how any reasonably intelligent person could surmise that our holocaust was exclusive to the deep south of the United States.

3. darkreign

darkreign Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2

i agree with you on the point about our history being global but you have to realize that no one person knows everything especially us when it comes to our history. we are all ignorant to some extent about it and everything else. their are plenty of us that don't know the extent of our inslavement and what horrors our ancestors went through. the point should be to edify each other in the knowledge we are lacking rather than insult each other for the lack of it.

peace!

4. NeterHeru

NeterHeru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    DarkReign: I appreciate your commentary, but let's be serious here regarding this matter. In this specific circumstance, which is precisely what I was addressing, there is no excuse for an Historian to not know that our holocaust is not exclusive to the deep south of the United States. This is why I said a reasonably intelligent person, because we are not talking about average persons here--this is a person who academically earned the right to be considered a Historian.

So in this respect I can't imagine such a person living in a social bubble, isolated from the world. That is, if he assumed such situation actually was true then you mean to tell me he knew nothing of colonialism? If he only knew our holocaust was merely confined to the deep south of the United States, whom then does he believe Ghana gained its independence from in 1957??? In any case, again in this specific situation and circumstance my insult and criticism of this historian is well deserved.

5. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
  6. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    James Loewen has written an excellent book about this...

click here