Black Poetry : Free Style (flowin' what is in me ... )

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Ms_MochaB, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Ms_MochaB

Ms_MochaB Well-Known Member MEMBER

A Supervisor at the Sheriff's Department
    Ratings:
    +4
    Reaching out for you not to complete me but to add to what I am

Holding your hand because mine seems a bit weak and cold and worn ... I need your strength to help me to endure this thing called life ...

But even when you're not here I can feel you ... Why do you seem so far away from me ... So I sing la la la la and I wait

I hum hum hum and then I get impatient but then I just walk away thinking that maybe you'll catch up, but you never come

So I meet someone new and then you come and tell me that's not my place ... but I need to fill this space

If not here, over there? Probably not ... my place is not your your place ... my void is not your void ... I need something that fulfills me and makes me whole and renews what I am lacking

There is no joy like the joy I feel when I don't see you ... When I don't hear your voice ... when I don't smell your cologne ... When I don't remember what used to be ... But when I do ...

Pain Pain Pain .... Tears Tears Tears ... But not anymore. It's You I want and desire, but it's you I can't have ... so I let go of YOU ... I release me ... I forgive me for holding me back ... I forgive me for refusing myself love ... but I also forgive me for allowing you to claim my space ...

So now to you, my love .... I RELEASE ME

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    set self free

from da tears da pain one holds inside
    freestyle of emotions ......lovin dis one gurl!!

drop down and visit my guessbook :D :toast:

3. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Stunned

Mocha,

I don't remember welcoming you, but what an awesome way to meet!!! Why do I say this? Because you have encapsulated the entire project: The Absent Love Of A Man...in your poem.

As I was reading this work of a broken heart, I could not help but continously say...dat's what I'm talkin bout.
    Oh that more of us...both men and women, might arrive at this place and mindset...for their sake.

"There is no joy like the joy I feel when I don't see you ... When I don't hear your voice ... when I don't smell your cologne ... When I don't remember what used to be ... But when I do ...

Pain Pain Pain .... Tears Tears Tears ... But not anymore. It's You I want and desire, but it's you I can't have ... so I let go of YOU ... I release me ... I forgive me for holding me back ... I forgive me for refusing myself love ... but I also forgive me for allowing you to claim my space ...

So now to you, my love .... I RELEASE ME"

I was so moved by this sis. The poetic insight is deep indeed.
    Keep it up and I will (as you have asked) keep it goin' in one fashion or another.

Much respect...Joyce

4. Ms_MochaB

Ms_MochaB Well-Known Member MEMBER

A Supervisor at the Sheriff's Department
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thank You $Rich$ .... Thank You Joyce

Rich, as always ... Thank You love ... for in you and by your words of encouragment I find strength ... Thank you for being my eagle ... I can type all day, but you may never know how much you enhance what I am ...

And Joyce, No I don't think we've ever met, but I must admit ... I wrote this freestyle art before I read the collaborative art written by you and J'hiah ... so with what I had released and what you had revealed ... all things came together and from that I am blessed ... Thank you, and I plan on being back in the flow for a while ... I may slip away ... but I'm never givin' it up ... This is my gift and I thank you for helping me to see that.

Much Love to you $Rich$ and Much Love to you Joyce

Peace and Blessings

Alicia/ Ms.MochaB

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    ahhhhh!!

ya all my heart ask of and all I wish u 2 be
    lovin ya back wit a bit more......:heart: :heart: :kiss: