Black People : Free lAW Classes

emanuel goodman

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 25, 2006
chicago
Occupation
social worker
Brother meta science has a great idea about offering free law classes. Any one know any lawers that are interested in offering classes. Maybe we can asked our lawerys to verse us or hold simiars in which we support them for thier time in versing us with things we need to know .I can see our young people attending the conferences this is something we must do.!!!

Peace Destee Fam!

Thank you Bro Goodman for starting this very important and much needed post!
We'll have to ring some alarms to get our Black Lawyers to speak up! But they will.

For now, we can look into this material. www.freeadvice.com has some good tips, especially when dealing with criminal law.

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/

Then we have these books you can look up on google/books or Amazon that are really helpful.

-Law 101: Everything You Need to Know about the American Legal System
-Criminal Law Handbook: Know Your Rights, Survive the System

Now the Brotha I would really like us to get in on this forum is
Mr. John V. Elmore, Esq

JohnElmore_NL.jpg

He's the author of the book:
Fighting for you life - the African American criminal justice survival guide.

I don't have the authority to get him here, but this is his Email address, maybe he can drop us a paragraph of two as quick legal tips.

jvelaw21@yahoo.com

We can also start off by posting situations for the Family to discuss. Here's one that happens very often for Single Mothers will teenage boys.

The police comes to your door, asks if your Son is home. You say No. They tell you he is a suspect in a crime and they would like to search his room.

Do you let them in to search the room?

They should have no right without probable cause or a search warrant.

A few years ago a few of my highschool friends and I were pushing for optional/elective courses based on law. We even had a presentation and speech that we gave before the school board...but no luck. We should all be made aware of the laws and ramifications of such laws. We should not have to question what might happen if we do something that is considered illegal, we should know.

Free law seminars is a great idea!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back