Black People : Free Enterprise vs Capitalism?

What do you think of a resource-based economy? With this mindset, money would be eliminated completely. Technological and green approaches would be used to create the resources that we are currently used to.

I can't post links, but if you Google Jacque Fresco you can get a better understanding. He created this philosophy.
We pretty much lived like that for 20,000 years, and basicaly that is the concept of Black Nationalism within a murdered economy;
The Nguzo Saba provides the basic precepts to follow, but the skills exchange, and community farm must be in place for it to work.

There are groups that are homesteading now but they are integrated

Are the articles related somehow? Free Enterprise is usually a synonym for capitalism. Maybe there's a school of thought or ideology that's asserted a specific/different definition of the term that's in their perspective.
Free Markets is about the unrestricted use of capitalism, one is an adverb the other the subject

Are the articles related somehow? Free Enterprise is usually a synonym for capitalism. Maybe there's a school of thought or ideology that's asserted a specific/different definition of the term that's in their perspective.
Most articles that differentiate between the two characterize them based on size an location of the business. Free Enterprise is considered more so along the lines of small business. You know, the local restaurant, the neighborhood farmer, the community bank, etc. Capitalism, on the other hand, is characterized as big business. You know, the global retailer, the industrial farming companies, the mega banks, etc.

Here's and example

Most articles that differentiate between the two characterize them based on size an location of the business. Free Enterprise is considered more so along the lines of small business. You know, the local restaurant, the neighborhood farmer, the community bank, etc. Capitalism, on the other hand, is characterized as big business. You know, the global retailer, the industrial farming companies, the mega banks, etc.

Here's and example

That's an interesting perspective, but I disagree that scale is a discerning attribute that would determine whether or not the activity falls under capitalism. Essentially both groups are exercising the same rights, in theory at least, and are utilizing the same framework of means and modes.

It's interesting how in some ways capitalism itself has cause things to come full circle regarding the origin of capitalism/free markets/free enterprise itself. It seems like the environment of openness and competition is being cannibalized by entities that couldn't exist without those initial conditions to begin with. That's why I still find that short blog post pretty interesting. It's attempting to make a distinction between kinds of capitalism that's favored along the political spectrum, even though I disagree that the terms need to be changed to meet those needs.

Free Markets is about the unrestricted use of capitalism, one is an adverb the other the subject

This is essentially my point. Most usages of the word capitalism refer to this specific kind of capitalism. Of course, if we're talking about the context of a in-depth serious piece of writing then the extra distinction is useful. For most high level discussions about the subject, landing on the general vicinity in the gradient is useful enough, IMHO.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back