Black People : FREE APRIL GRIFFIN

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Health!

Thanks for Sharing Ms. Lady!

It is too late for me to properly respond to all that you've shared.

Suffice it to say...

WE WILL have OUR Day!

There are many things planned to support these SiSter's and I'll get back with more info.

The speaker in the video's is not me....That is "The Truth Terrorist"...SiS Queen Ifama! :em0100:

As to your shytuation...

I'm sick and saddened to hear more stories like this. I hear and see it daily:qqb020:
If you can wrap yourself in a Reggae vibe for a good minute then....Sing this with me...track #51 then #30

So are they saying to you...

You have a diagnosable "mental illness" and the ONLY form of "treatment" is medication.....and...IF you refuse said treatment...you have NO RIGHT to parent your children:?:

Dirty Stinking :censored:
track # 49

Stay Safe SiS Ms. Lady...Get and STAY SAFE AND STRONG IN THE STRUGGLE FOR I/UNITY....for when this happens...this ish will no longer happen :couple:

M.E.
:hearts2:

Abena,

Just noticed and read this thread, keep us posted up with the plans on helping April Griffin, I'm interested and I'm in.

Thanks for Sharing Ms. Lady!

It is too late for me to properly respond to all that you've shared.

Suffice it to say...

WE WILL have OUR Day!

There are many things planned to support these SiSter's and I'll get back with more info.

The speaker in the video's is not me....That is "The Truth Terrorist"...SiS Queen Ifama! :em0100:

As to your shytuation...

I'm sick and saddened to hear more stories like this. I hear and see it daily:qqb020:
If you can wrap yourself in a Reggae vibe for a good minute then....Sing this with me...track #51 then #30

So are they saying to you...

You have a diagnosable "mental illness" and the ONLY form of "treatment" is medication.....and...IF you refuse said treatment...you have NO RIGHT to parent your children:?:

Dirty Stinking :censored:
track # 49

Stay Safe SiS Ms. Lady...Get and STAY SAFE AND STRONG IN THE STRUGGLE FOR I/UNITY....for when this happens...this ish will no longer happen :couple:

M.E.

yes indeed get back on what I can do to help... i need to stay focused on us and not on whatever individual trials i have to face....

thanks for the encouraging words...

i got an attorney and my knowledge of GOD...

and my loving family here at home and at destee.....

thanks for the music... always calming..... thank you

i thought the first video was you..

the sister is beautiful...

Is it OUR Time BLACK MAN, BLACK WOMAN?

maakheru means VICTORY!

Blessings to all who've expressed interest in supporting this MOM with gaining JUSTICE!

As promised...here is OUR STORY...of what has and continues to happen to US!

These are the facts:
(also available at http;//www.ifamathink.com/FreeApril.html)

April Griffin is the mother of two young children, who has been unjustly vilified and locked up in jail for what began as a inquiry of paternity by the Public Assistance Authorities. It started when she met the father of her youngest child while getting cable television installed, he was the cable installation guy who was dispatched to her home. He name is Matthew Sebuliba, a citizen of Uganda, living in the U.S. as an immigrant. After the work was complete he used the work order to obtain April's telephone number and contacted her, (there may be some rule in the cable industry against using customers personal information to contact them for things other than cable services). April refused his advances for several months, but he was persistent and he continued to call her; he appeared nice enough and finally she said okay and agreed to go on a date. They started dating for awhile, with no problems, during this time he told her all types of stories as to why he left Uganda.

After a period of time, April began to experience problems with him and after an experience of date rape by him; she broke off seeing him further. He was not accepting her refusal and constantly came to her home unannounced, and to the homes of her family members in search of her. He was always telling April, he was going to change, that he was sorry. What was he sorry for? DOMESTIC ABUSE!!!

There were times where April literally moved from her home to escape Matthew Sebuliba, and somehow he would always find where she lived. He was very controlling and wanted to keep April in a state of dependence on him.

Her family began to notice bruises on her face or her hair pulled out in places and wanted to intervene. April would tell them that she did not want them to get involved, thinking she could handle things on her own. This is typical in abusive situations, where the victim feels responsible for the abuse and tries to go it alone in resolving the conflict.

One evening April wasn't feeling well and sought help at the emergency room. It was then that she was told that she was pregnant and April realized that this pregnancy was a result of the date rape. April, always a person who would try to do the right thing (in spite of the fact that he raped her), thought the father should know that she was pregnant with his child and called him to let him know.

After being released from the emergency room, Matthew Sebuliba invited April to his home, on the pretense of wanting to discuss the pregnancy; he even paid the cab fare. Once there he suggested abortion and became very agitated when April refused. He then told her that he had a wife and children in Uganda and that if April had the child (or "bastard" as he called the baby) he would have the child sent (it is important to note that he said he would "send" not that HE would "take" the child) to Africa and she would never see her child again. As April persistently refused his suggestion for abortion, he became angrier and as she tried to leave he attacked her trying to prevent her leaving. April then called the police only to be treated like the criminal. During her pregnancy, April had been assaulted by Matthew Sebuliba on more than one occasion.. The reason why no preventive measures were done is another story in the annals of domestic abuse. This is the saga of that relationship and the beginning of the battle for Justice for April Griffin. After which a series of injustices befell her:

After the birth April seeks financial assistance to pay the medical bill for the birth of her son but in order to receive it she must disclose the father of the child

She complies and names the father, Matthew Sebuliba, and proceedings for paternity begins

April has to appear in court in order to determine paternity and the court to force child support payments from the father

The rapist/abuser appears in court with an attorney, April has no attorney of her own

From this point it goes from establishing paternity to gaining visitation, April complies to supervised visitation inspite of her fear of Matthew Sebuliba
The rapist/abuser seeks gaining joint custody

April fears that the threats of taking her child from the country by the father/rapist/domestic abuser will manifest if this is granted

Matthew Sebuliba is alledged to offer the court a $1000 bond to ensure the court that HE will not take the child from the country

The Judge commands April to give the Guardian Ad Litum her address for a home visit; this is to determine suitability of residence in the joint custody battle

April refuses and is arrested in court, the next day a warrant was issued for the child

April served 9 months in jail with no bail because she would not reveal where her child was to protect hom form the father/rapist/domestic abuser who threatened to send the child away to another country and she would not see her son again

Released in September, police come to a home of a relative without a legal warrant, demanding the child. April refused and was beaten in the face and head, pepper sprayed, and tazed. Her baby was forcefully snatched form her arms and injured. As a result, April was temporarily paralyzed from the ordeal and arrested

April Griffin's story is one of the many injustices that good people, citizens who are not guilty of anything but standing on the principles of what they know to be right endure in this so called justice system. Generally they have no prior record with authorities, they are known as good citizens. Why is this allowed to continue to happen, over and over again? Historically, this is what Black people in particular face in this country on a daily basis, especially when they are poor. We must raise our voices, demand justice and stay the course until it is done.

To date, April is still in jail, facing a 12 year sentence for trying to protect her child from a violent father who threatened to SEND the child out of the country. Now that she has an attorney, donations are needed to help her pay for this legal assistance. Please cut and paste the Paypal link below into your browser to make your donation, it is safe and secure.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

April will appear in court In Milwaukee, Wisconsin on May 5, 2009 at 8:30 a.m.; below is the information directly from the court system:

05-05-2009 - 08:30 a.m. - Milwaukee County Courthouse - Room 632 - Doctor's Report Return - Court - Donegan-45, Thomas P.

05-05-2009 - 08:30 a.m. - Milwaukee County Courthouse - Room 632 - Bail/bond hearing - Court - Donegan-45, Thomas P.

05-05-2009 - 08:30 a.m. - Milwaukee County Courthouse - Room 632 - Motion Hearing - Court - Donegan-45, Thomas P.

NOTE: Please be aware that they WILL change the court room at the last minute, so please look for the case number and court official on the signs at the court house.

This post is for those who wish to participate in a motorcade to Milwaukee in support of April Griffin. Once we organize a date that we can agree on , we will plan to map a route that will pick up those interested in joining us from various areas along the way from the east coast to the Midwest state of Wisconsin.

If you are interested in making this happen , please add your name and ideas for this effort.
Thanks

DONATE NOW

As we talked about the case of April Griffin with her sister Ayisha last night, we decided to raise money for April's bail. Anyone who has experience in this effort , please let me know.
PLEASE MAKE PAYMENTS USING THE ABOVE PAYPAL LINK
The bail/ransom amount is $25,000.
All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

http://dayofoutrage.ning.com/forum/topics/fundraising-for-april-griffin

M.E.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back