Black People : Frederick Jermaine Carter’s Death Ruled Suicide

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
45960_424562678934_508458934_4863898_2389749_n.jpg
Thank you for visiting. My name is Mario Strong. This area was created to document my experiences in the Mississippi Delta.​

Frederick Jermaine Carter’s Death Ruled Suicide

I have received numerous inquiries and many comments regarding Frederick Jermaine Carter’s death. And just as you, I wanted answers… I wanted the truth. And yes, in posting the initial picture and using words such as “lynching”, “racial crime”, and “hate”; I wanted to stir emotions and urge immediate closure to this case. I truly intended no disrespect towards Frederick Carter’s family as the picture that was available online had stated “an unidentified black male was found hanging in a tree”. However from a family member’s comment here, I decided to remove the picture from my blog. I intended on waiting for the autopsy report to become available so as not to further any unrest or cause the family any additional pain.

As reported by the Associated Press, December 07, 2010 – 10:28 am:

JACKSON, Miss. — Preliminary autopsy results indicate a black man found hanging from a tree in Mississippi killed himself, and authorities said Tuesday there’s no validity to an NAACP leader’s allegation that someone else was involved.

http://mstrong3.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/frederick-jermaine-carter-autopsy-death-ruled-suicide/

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

Frederick Jermaine Carter’s Death Ruled Suicide

Memphis group seeks answers in Mississippi hanging

Associated Press - December 9, 2010 5:24 PM ET

GREENWOOD, Miss. (AP) - A civil rights group based in Memphis, Tenn., is looking into the hanging death of a black man in Leflore County, Miss.

The body of Frederick Jermaine Carter was found hanging from a tree Dec. 3. Officials say a preliminary autopsy report indicated Carter killed himself.

The Greenwood Commonwealth reports more information is being sought by Wendol Lee, president of Operation Help Civil Rights Group. Lee says black residents in Greenwood and Leflore County petitioned his group. The local chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has raised questioned about the death.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

:toast:

Not this time........:em0200:

.......True dat brother Chinelo, Grassroots trumps so-called National leaders...Here is contact and background info on the Civil Rights group, HELP:

Rally sparks tour of Parchman

Dr. Lee Gillam, Director of the Southeastern Christian Association, Mothers of Inmates and Operation Help Civil Rights Group are working with Commissioner Epps to make improvements and address the concerns. HELP announced that their efforts would extend to assisting inmates who have been incarcerated in excess of 10 years for malicious prosecution. Persons with concerns and in need of assistance are asked to contact Wendol Lee. Operation HELP Civil Rights Group at 901-691-5705.

http://findarticles.com/p/news-arti...1112/rally-sparks-tour-parchman/ai_n50979181/

g0a0000000000000000b623246db9c53fa53339d2c60d166ffda439d08d.jpg
Wendol Lee of the Memphis-based Operation Help Civil Rights Group spoke Monday at a civil rights rally at Abundant Life Faith & Deliverance Center. Lee said Laurel Mayor Melvin Mack and Laurel Police Chief Walter “Bear” Martin should be voted out of office. Several other speakers criticized the penalties received in area courts, and said the community had to join together to make things right. Photo/David Owens​

September 28, 2010
Group voices concerns about city leaders
One person calls for removal of mayor, police chief

http://leadercall.com/local/x1327129688/Group-voices-concerns-about-city-leaders

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back