PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Absurdity,

Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white

megynkellyap_635x250_1386883210.jpg

Fox News host Megyn Kelly has made herself the center of a racial controversy by declaring that Jesus Christ and Santa Claus are white.
On Wednesday night, Kelly was responding to an article by Slate writer Aisha Harris, who wrote an article entitled “ Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore .”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fox-news-host-megyn-kelly-says-jesus-and-santa-are-white-193322244.html

Megyn Kelly: 'Santa Is What He Is,' Which Is White

Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore

It’s time to give St. Nick his long overdue makeover.

By Aisha Harris
aisha_harris-authorbio.png

When I was a kid, I knew two different Santa Clauses. The first had a fat belly, rosy cheeks, a long white beard, and skin as pink as bubble gum. He was omnipresent, visiting my pre-school and the local mall, visible in all of my favorite Christmas specials.
Then there was the Santa in my family’s household, in the form of ornaments, cards, and holiday figurines. A near-carbon copy of the first one—big belly, rosy cheeks, long white beard: check, check, check. But his skin was as dark as mine.
Seeing two different Santas was bewildering. Eventually I asked my father what Santa really looked like. Was he brown, like us? Or was he really a white guy?

My father replied that Santa was every color. Whatever house he visited, jolly old St. Nicholas magically turned into the likeness of the family that lived there.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...e_meet_santa_the_penguin_a_new_christmas.html

Last edited:
this is an interesting story ... :news:

i don't see what's wrong with her saying these things ... she's not the first or last

it's been said for centuries ... it's burned into our psyche ... images and stories abound of such

did she and i miss the memo ... the story been changed ... again ... ?? ... :search:

fa real doe ... if i can say they are black, why can't she say they're white?

is it her job to remain objective and neutral ... like all other news media on tv ... ?? ... :tv1:

:heart:

Destee

this is an interesting story ... :news:

i don't see what's wrong with her saying these things ... she's not the first or last

it's been said for centuries ... it's burned into our psyche ... images and stories abound of such

did she and i miss the memo ... the story been changed ... again ... ?? ... :search:

fa real doe ... if i can say they are black, why can't she say they're white?

is it her job to remain objective and neutral ... like all other news media on tv ... ?? ... :tv1:

:heart:

Destee

Actually, her job (though its on Fox News) lol, is to be truthful, not neutral, as much as possible. And in this case, her position wavers from today's common knowledge about SinterKlaas and Jesus; its timely and relevant due to the season we are in, but its just not accurate and misleads.

It's search and researching that brings about truth, beginning on this Site:

Santa Claus - Dutch style ;)

Discussion in 'Brother OldSoul' started by Zulile, Sep 27, 2007

History shows that St Nicholas had a favourite slave from Ethiopia - named Piter. Black Pete is Sinterklaas's "helper".. in addition, if your kids have been bad during the year, Black Pete will put them in a sack and carry them back to Spain. It is Black Petes job to entertain the crowds..

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/santa-claus-dutch-style.48429/

We find the Dutch were onto something, it was Santa's helpers (depicted as black moors) that actually gave the gifts to the kids, not St. Nicholas (Sinterklaas). So yes, the story did change from black to white.

220px-Sintenpiet.jpg

Zwarte Piet (pronounced ['zʋɑrtə pit], "Black Pete") is thecompanion of Saint Nicholas (Dutch: Sinterklaas from which the American figure of Santa Claus is derived) in the folklore of the Low Countries. Like Santa Claus, Zwarte Piet is a hybridstock characterof pagan origin. In its modern form, the character is commonly depicted as a blackamoor, with blackface make-up, and dressed in stylized colourful Renaissance attire, akin to Maures in European heraldry, and similar to Moorish characters in the "Moors and Christians" Iberian folk festivals commemorating the Reconquista.

220px-Mohr_mit_Smaragdstufe_Gr%C3%BCnes_Gew%C3%B6lbe_Dresden.jpg

Blackamoor figures (Italian moretto, moretti) are depictions of black Africans used in sculpture, jewelry, armorial designs and decorative art.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackamoors_(decorative_arts)

Is racism involved with the celebration? That question was put to the UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).

The United Nations Commission on Human Rights is investigating whether the Dutch tradition of Zwarte Piet perpetuates a racist stereotype of people of African descent. Zwarte Piet, which means ‘black Pete’ in Dutch, is a common character in the Netherlands’ Sinterklaas holiday narrative.
In a letter to the Dutch government in January, UN rapporteurs of the working group on people of African descent, as well as rapporteurs of human rights, cultural rights and racism wrote that they “received information” suggesting “the character and image of Black Pete perpetuate a stereotyped image of African people and people of African descent as second-class citizens, fostering an underlying sense of inferiority within Dutch society and stirring racial differences as well as racism”.

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/un-investigates-if-dutch-tradition-zwarte-piet-racist

Lastly, there is strong evidence to the age old question, supporting that the historical Jesus was Black, which most people accept today:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/color-of-the-cross.42995/page-108#post-737003

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back