Black People : Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Absurdity,

Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white

[​IMG]

Fox News host Megyn Kelly has made herself the center of a racial controversy by declaring that Jesus Christ and Santa Claus are white.
    On Wednesday night, Kelly was responding to an article by Slate writer Aisha Harris, who wrote an article entitled “ Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore .”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fox-news-host-megyn-kelly-says-jesus-and-santa-are-white-193322244.html

Megyn Kelly: 'Santa Is What He Is,' Which Is White

Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore

It’s time to give St. Nick his long overdue makeover.

By Aisha Harris
    [​IMG]

When I was a kid, I knew two different Santa Clauses. The first had a fat belly, rosy cheeks, a long white beard, and skin as pink as bubble gum. He was omnipresent, visiting my pre-school and the local mall, visible in all of my favorite Christmas specials.
    Then there was the Santa in my family’s household, in the form of ornaments, cards, and holiday figurines. A near-carbon copy of the first one—big belly, rosy cheeks, long white beard: check, check, check. But his skin was as dark as mine.
    Seeing two different Santas was bewildering. Eventually I asked my father what Santa really looked like. Was he brown, like us? Or was he really a white guy?

My father replied that Santa was every color. Whatever house he visited, jolly old St. Nicholas magically turned into the likeness of the family that lived there.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...e_meet_santa_the_penguin_a_new_christmas.html

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    this is an interesting story ... :news:

i don't see what's wrong with her saying these things ... she's not the first or last

it's been said for centuries ... it's burned into our psyche ... images and stories abound of such

did she and i miss the memo ... the story been changed ... again ... ?? ... :search:

fa real doe ... if i can say they are black, why can't she say they're white?

is it her job to remain objective and neutral ... like all other news media on tv ... ?? ... :tv1:

:heart:

Destee

3. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    lol

They can keep their old BS Satan Clause, no one cares and I am in no way religious so I will chill with my comments on the other item as to not offend my religious fam here at Destee.com.

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Is this for real? Santa? Are we going to start hearing feminists argue Santa is actually a woman? Does it matter? :10500:

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

Actually, her job (though its on Fox News) lol, is to be truthful, not neutral, as much as possible. And in this case, her position wavers from today's common knowledge about SinterKlaas and Jesus; its timely and relevant due to the season we are in, but its just not accurate and misleads.

It's search and researching that brings about truth, beginning on this Site:

Santa Claus - Dutch style ;)
    [​IMG]
    Discussion in 'Brother OldSoul' started by Zulile, Sep 27, 2007

History shows that St Nicholas had a favourite slave from Ethiopia - named Piter. Black Pete is Sinterklaas's "helper".. in addition, if your kids have been bad during the year, Black Pete will put them in a sack and carry them back to Spain. It is Black Petes job to entertain the crowds..

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/santa-claus-dutch-style.48429/

We find the Dutch were onto something, it was Santa's helpers (depicted as black moors) that actually gave the gifts to the kids, not St. Nicholas (Sinterklaas). So yes, the story did change from black to white.

[​IMG]

Zwarte Piet (pronounced ['zʋɑrtə pit], "Black Pete") is thecompanion of Saint Nicholas (Dutch: Sinterklaas from which the American figure of Santa Claus is derived) in the folklore of the Low Countries. Like Santa Claus, Zwarte Piet is a hybridstock characterof pagan origin. In its modern form, the character is commonly depicted as a blackamoor, with blackface make-up, and dressed in stylized colourful Renaissance attire, akin to Maures in European heraldry, and similar to Moorish characters in the "Moors and Christians" Iberian folk festivals commemorating the Reconquista.

[​IMG]

Blackamoor figures (Italian moretto, moretti) are depictions of black Africans used in sculpture, jewelry, armorial designs and decorative art.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackamoors_(decorative_arts)

Is racism involved with the celebration? That question was put to the UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).

The United Nations Commission on Human Rights is investigating whether the Dutch tradition of Zwarte Piet perpetuates a racist stereotype of people of African descent. Zwarte Piet, which means ‘black Pete’ in Dutch, is a common character in the Netherlands’ Sinterklaas holiday narrative.
    In a letter to the Dutch government in January, UN rapporteurs of the working group on people of African descent, as well as rapporteurs of human rights, cultural rights and racism wrote that they “received information” suggesting “the character and image of Black Pete perpetuate a stereotyped image of African people and people of African descent as second-class citizens, fostering an underlying sense of inferiority within Dutch society and stirring racial differences as well as racism”.

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/un-investigates-if-dutch-tradition-zwarte-piet-racist

Lastly, there is strong evidence to the age old question, supporting that the historical Jesus was Black, which most people accept today:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/color-of-the-cross.42995/page-108#post-737003

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

I hear ya on Santa, but the color of Jesus is really a secular and human issue, not so much a religious one. If he existed, he had to have had a color as we see today, white(pink), black or brown, etc...

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

Well, it mattered to Aisha Harris, Angela22. Had her father known the true and answered her question, we would not have this issue before us today ... Megyn Kelly was debunking Harris' blog:

Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore

It’s time to give St. Nick his long overdue makeover.

By Aisha Harris
    [​IMG]

Was he brown, like us? Or was he really a white guy?
    My father replied that Santa was every color. Whatever house he visited, jolly old St. Nicholas magically turned into the likeness of the family that lived there.

But at the time, I didn’t buy it. I remember feeling slightly ashamed that our black Santa wasn’t the “real thing.” Because when you’re a kid and you’re inundated with the imagery of a pale seasonal visitor—and you notice that even some black families decorate their houses with white Santas—you’re likely to accept the consensus view, despite your parents’ noble intentions.

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Parallels have been drawn between the legend of Sinterklaas and the figure of Odin,[2] a major god among the Germanic peoples, who was worshipped in Northern and Western Europe prior to Christianization. Since some elements of the Sinterklaas celebration are unrelated to Christianity, there are theories regarding the pagan origins of various customs of the holiday stemming from areas where the Germanic peoples were Christianized and retained elements of their indigenous traditions, surviving in various forms into modern depictions of Sinterklaas. Non-Christian elements in Sinterklaas that arguably could have been of pagan origin.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Sinterklaas. A white dude with a Black Slave who kidnaps white kids who are naughty, not nice, and "bags" them off to the Moors in Spain.

Today, black folks sit around in homes with Chrismas trees and exchange gifts like modern day Black Petes while Santa looks on with pics of white Yeesus hanging on their walls. Lol!

Smh. And some of y'all take offense to white folks claiming their own as white while some of you are trying to claim the same as black along with Queen James who confounded the truth while your ancestors were sold to the Good Ship Jesus.

smh...

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472

and the black moor character was originally the devil/joker archetype....
    it kills me when they that there is no harm in having black helpers...smh

one love
    khasm

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    I don't think its so much white folks claiming their own, as much as it is that omission leads to exclusion of truth and facts. Even Chris Hayes, of MSNBC, who also interviewed Aisha Harris, spoke to this ... Megyn simply open Pandora's box:

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has caused a stir with her emphatic declaration that both Santa Claus and Jesus are purely, verifiably white, but on MSNBC’s All In with Chris Hayes, the reality of Santa’s racial, and indeed his corporeal, identity is quite a bit different. Parents of children may now wish to have their tots leave the room, because on Thursday night’s episode, host Chris Hayes and guest Aisha Harris of Slate revealed something even more horrifying than the prospect that Santa Claus might not be white.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/on-fox-news-santa-claus-just-is-white-but-on-msnbc/