Black Money Business Jobs : Foundational Constitutional Law Study

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Shikamaru, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Feel free to chip in :).

The Federalist Papers by Publius i.e. Madison, Hamilton, and Jay.

The Anti-Federalist Papers by multiple authors

The Constitution of the United States

Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States of America (1792) by James Wilson, one of the Framers of the Constitution as well as one of the six original justices of the US Supreme Court.

Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States of America (1873), 4th Ed. Vol I by Joseph Story, a very famous Associate Supreme Court Justice of the US Supreme Court.

2. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
  3. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Don't forget the Constitutions of the several (individual) States ....

Destee, which State would you like to select?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    gosh ... okay ... i see the links ... but i'm gonna need a siphon from your brain to mine too ... :eeek:

i mean, directly connected ... working while we're asleep ... 6-8 hours per day ... jeeeeeeez ... :)

i guess fully understanding the constitution is not gonna be real easy ... :look:

Thank You! ... and Family ... if you have more to addon, please do ... let's lift our own levels of understandings!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

test tomorrow! ... :lol:

:heart:

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

hmmmm ... let's do Alabama ... the state that accepted delivery of the last slave ship to america

plus ... i live in alabama ... :)

Thank You! :love:

Destee

6. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Did you know that Alabama has had (6) Constitutions during the span of its existence?

Here is the latest: Constitution of the State of Alabama (1901)

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
  8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Question ... has america had only one constitution ... since i've now learned that alabama has had 6?

If america has only had one ... how did they achieve that ... with amendments?

If amendments could do that ... why did alabama get brand new constitutions ?? ... :eeek:

okay ... you don't gotta answer all my questions ... but the questions are coming to my mind!

Love You!

Thank You!

Destee

9. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
  10. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    The United States has had only one Constitution, but some would say that the character of that constitution has changed beginning with the 13th Amendment of the US Constitution and most certainly with the 14th.

If you look at the first 10 Amendments of the Constitution, 1 through 8 essentially says what that government can't or must do. Amendments 9 and 10 are a reservation of rights to the States and ultimately to "the People".

Amendment 11 was added after the State of Georgia got its can kicked in the Supreme Court case Chisholm v. Georgia (1794) (one of my favorite cases). Congress essentially granted the States a form of immunity from suit in federal court without their permission. This has since been modified by the Supreme Court a bit.

Amendment 12 alters the procedure for election of the President and Vice-President.

The character of the Amendments change radically from the 13th onward.

If you look at Amendments 1 - 12 in addition to the 7 Articles of the Constitution, it deals almost exclusively with the internal business of government of the United States.

Persons had their own political communities via the States.
    The States sent representatives to the Philadelphia Convention to hash out business between the other political communities (States). The result of that convention was the abolition of the Confederacy and the birth of the Federation upon ratification by a majority of States.

Parties to the US Constitution are States, not persons. This is one reason. States are political communities.

Parties to a State constitution will be persons.

Also, many people don't know this ... the federal government forced the States to change their Constitutions after the Civil War with particular emphasis on those States which seceded from the Union.

The people of a State can call/organize a constitutional convention to either amend a current constitution or abolish and create a new constitution. You could say that each new constitution represents a new political community.