Forum Moderators

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by karmashines, Jun 17, 2006.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    To Destee:

In the thread I created "Blackness is not a state of mind," I got directly insulted by Khasm on my writing ability. I got indirectly insulted by Blaklioness.

I'm tired of playing or feeling like I have to play or prove the 'I'm black game.'

I am 100% African American who made the mistake of marrying an Asian man. I need this board for therapy to find out who and what I am in terms of my race, but some of the moderators do not want to allow it no matter how nice I am. They use terms they know are derogatory.

I am trying to follow the rules and reporting the offenders: blaklioness and Khasm.

I alsos do not appreciate the jungle bunny comment being thrown up in my face. I already apologized and do not know what else I have to do to have that issue forgotten. I didn't know something I said and admitted out of anger is going to haunt me forever.

I cannot leave the site because it means too much to me. I just want to be treated like every other member.

Anyway, I have contributed the full year for premium membership. I will be posting my picture when my status goes through so at least people know they are arguing with a black woman. I hope others will follow suite and at least support the site financially, because IT IS THE TRUTH that for me I have to decide do I support the site or use money for advertising. I choose the former because I respect the site and need its perspectives when presented positively towards me.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    All due Respect , i feel you, but from what i did read you was
    wrong as well as you know i spoke my peace there ............

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i'm a mod and i ain't mad at you.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Karmashines ... that thread is quite long, please give us a link to the specific posts, you found insulting.

Please provide a link to the post, where you were asked to prove that you are Black.

Sister Karmashines ... while this community can serve as "therapy" in many ways, we are not professional therapists. You may need more than we can offer Sister. With the disclosures above, as well as others you've made ... such as being abused as a child, feeling mistreatment because your Brother is handicapped, being pregnant by a man you feel is a mistake ... all while trying to find out who you are in terms of race ... is a lot for anyone. Are you seeing your OB/GYN regularly? The changes your body is going through, due to pregnancy, can be quite overwhelming all by itself. Talk to your doctor Sister, share how you're feeling. We're not doctors, i can't promise you a cure for these things, as a result of taking part here. You are obviously overwhelmed. Is your Mother close by? Can you call her? Talk to your doctor too Sister ... and we'll do all we can ... but please realize, that is limited.

Yes, i understand that, and look forward to you providing evidence to support these charges.

Sister Karmashines ... i had said i'd not make mention of this again, but since you are bringing it to me ... originally, i did not read your "jungle bunny" comments, prior to accepting your apology. I assumed the best, that you had used the words in passing, not actually referring to any Member of this community as such. If i had read your comments first, prior to accepting your apology, i'm sure i would have responded differently.

You called us (some of us) jungle bunnies and you initially refused to apologize. Ultimately, you did post an apology, but it was only to me. You offended many in this community with those remarks. While i have forgiven you, obviously others have not. In addition, forgiving and forgetting, are two different things. Such is life, and i really can't protect you from it.

If you'd like to begin the process of putting this behind you, you might wanna apologize to the Family.

Sister Karmashines ... i'm glad you like it here, want to be here. I'd suggest that you relax a little, as i don't see evidence of you being treated any different than all other Members.

Sister Karmashines ... thank you so very much. Your Premium Membership is appreciated.

Looking forward to you sharing the links i requested above.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    that's pretty deep. maybe you want to think about that statemtment.

word of advice: stop hanging on every word that comes out of Panafrica's mouth. you have a choice.
    there are some here who disapprove of your situation and there are some here who don't care so much.
    you seem to enjoy getting all upset over what the ones who disapprove say.
    Panafraica is not going to change and he should not have to. you can listen to him or not listen to him. why do you make the choice to make yourself upset?
    it seems to me that you dwell on those who disagree with you and you ignore those of us who are more mellow.
    one more time, that is your choice.