Forum Moderators Part II

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by karmashines, Jun 17, 2006.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I have just paid a sum of money that I cannot afford so I can use this site as a form of therapy for dealing with my problems.

With terms like 'Clarence Thomas' being thrown around, particularly on threads that I start it is hard not to wonder if that's how I'm being thought of as simply for giving my opinion.

I offer a question to Destee: if I am thought to be a Clarence Thomas, why am I allowed to post here? If I cannot post in a way that is expressing my soul without being thought of as a Clarence Thomas or still talked to in one of my own threads in a demeaning way, why am I allowed to post?

Anyway, if that is the perception I want to know up front to know that anything I say will not be seen in the light of others: period.

The exact thread in question is: Blackness is not a state of mind. The moderator that keeps throwing the term Clarence Thomas around, (a man that some black people still respect at least in secret though it's not me), is Panafrica.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    i'm sorry that you are having a rough patch these days.
    i hope things will smooth out for you soon.

i've tried to be helpful from time to time but you mostly ignore what i say.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Be yourself / express and keep moving
    feel what you like and release respectfully

I too am sorry that your time has become rough lately
    but weathering the storm always help , but trying to blast
    moderators won't make it go away , we love ya just often
    points of views are or have not been agreeable , Relax sis.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Karmashines ... Premium Membership is not required, to use this site. It never has been. You know this. I don't understand what you're saying above. Solving the problems in one's life, is not one of the Benefits of Premium Membership.

Sister Karmashines ... instead of asking you to share the particular post in question, i did the work for you this time (which i don't like doing, as i believe if someone has a complaint, they should present all of their evidence when first presenting that complaint). Brother Pan never referred to you as a "Clarence Thomas." In fact, he never made mention of you. He only used Clarence Thomas to help him make his point. In addition, he didn't quote you, so there's no evidence he was even speaking to you. He didn't post directly behind you, as there are several Member's posts between yours and his. I don't see how or why you're taking his comments so personal. There is not a violation in his post, and i've included it below, for all to review. If you're talking about some other post, please provide a link to it.

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=430695&postcount=29

If you're going to take such feedback in the discussions personal, you might want to consider spending more time in the Poetry Forums. In most of the forums up there, Members can only say nice things about the words shared, which is not the case in the discussion forums as all comments are open to challenge. Actually, poetry is quite therapeutic, in its own right. Putting your thoughts on paper, in poetry, is a way to get it out of you, release it, share it with others, without having to worry about being challenged. The entire process is healing and calming. This may be exactly what you need right now Sister.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Question:

Why was sister Karmashines banned??

just asking....no offense intended...

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Omowale ... i'm going to answer your question with your own words, that you posted today ... if you don't mind ...

:heart:

Destee