Black Relationships : Forsaking All Others

What did you do. Did you put in that dislike. How did that happen.
As I said I had just looked thru my response and I saw where I liked his post. I even removed my like, to verify the like. and replaced the like.
Now, I'm see a dislike, that I never give any post.
Ima just ignore that. I replaced the dislike with my original like.
There was nothing to disagree with in his post.

As I said I had just looked thru my response and I saw where I liked his post.
Now, I'm see a dislike, that I never give any post. No

Huh? What did I do? No, it is not possible for me to put in a dislike under your screen name.

Nice discussion Family ... thanks everyone for sharing ... :research:

If my intended presented me with this scripture, talk'n 'bout ... forsaking all others ... i'd want to have a quick review with them on all the scriptures pertaining to a husband and wife duties ... just to be sure we doin' erry thang, since we goin' this way ... :)

Like the scripture ... wives obey your husbands ... or something like that.

What if the husband is beat'n the ish out of you ... what then ... what if he don't even love the Lord, aint been in church or sunday school in 19 years, got 14 baby mommas since the wedding ... and he is pointing to this scripture to try and tie you down ... wives obey your husbands.

Likewise ... this scripture ... forsaking all others ... is probably talking about some kinda good man!

If he's THAT MAN ... it will not be difficult to let go of whatever you must let go of.

If you find that it's difficult to let go of something for him, he may not be THAT MAN.

Or ... you may be willing to push past the reluctance and give him what he wants.

Likewise, there are probably things that you want him to "forsake" and he may or may not.

These are probably questions you talk about prior to the wedding, so no one is disappointed later.

Each person / couple will have different things that might be put on the "forsaken table".

One man might like his wife stripping and never wants her to quit - while another does not.

Know before marriage what the other wants forsaken, if applicable, for you may be perfect as is! :)

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Our marriage vows didn't include "obey" your spouse.
My brother in law(RIP BIL) preacher man, married us and he probably knew better.

Both of us have been married before, and we talked about everything.
Thankfully, we don't have any of the problems you mentioned.
I will say, for the most part we do respect gender roles. I've never taken out the trash or washed my car. He's never done the laundry.
He does cook his special dishes; chili and fried fish. I won't fry fish. I'll bake it.
I'm thankful for my spouse a a good marriage.
My first marriage was scary awful.

As I said I had just looked thru my response and I saw where I liked his post. I even removed my like, to verify the like. and replaced the like.
Now, I'm see a dislike, that I never give any post.
There was nothing to disagree with in his post.

freddie51 disliked this post. Who is freddie51.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back