Black Relationships : Forsaking All Others

CTFU@ the ugly, the bad, and the good. And in that order

Why did you disagree with Hermetic's post?

I don't disagree with Hermetic's post. I gave his post a like.

OIC... That is what I would be inclined to do, too.

But, I think the vows mean putting your spouse's needs/opinions, before your children's, your parents, etc. I could not imagine putting my kid's needs before any one else's... that even includes his father. Now that he is a grown man, maybe, under some circumstances. But, when he was a tot, oh hell to the naw!!!,

NO. The marriage vow does not include forsake your children.
To forsake ones children for any reason meets the definition you posted of forsake. The decision to put your spouse before your children is a personal one, that has nothing to do with marriage vows.

My spouse is stepfather to my son who calls him Dad.
When my son was in his adolescence teen years, he acted out like most teens. Interfering with the peace in our home. Being a typical teen he would rebel against our rules.
When my son was older and acted out with his Dad, I would leave the house and let them handle things. My son was 17.
Years later my son is on leave from basic training and he says to me, Ma wanna know what happened when you left me and dad that day when we were arguing. Yes, I do. He, my son, told me he was ready to fight. Raising his fist and stuff. He told me, Dad picked me up and body slammed me.
When he told me that I was a little ticked with my spouse for something that had happened 5 years ago.
But, when my son said, "that's the day I became a man. That's the day I learned to respect Dad.
What could I say.

Go back and look. The reason I mentioned it was because I thought it was done by accident.

*smile*

I did go back and look. I saw his post and that I had given him a like.
I'll look again.
I usually know what I've said, because I know what I believe and things I will say. I never comment on another persons marriage.
Looking again. If you could quote that post to me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back