Black Relationships : Forsaking All Others

Remembering your wedding vows
Do you take your beloved spouse to love and live together in holy matrimony? Do you promise to love, comfort, honor and keep her or him for better or for worse? For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health until death do you part?

Forsaking all others, being faithful only to your spouse so long as you both shall live... so help you God?

Remember those words all ye couples? These were more than mere words to repeat, but sincere, deepest promised vows on the highest level of commitment. Unfortunately, a large number of couples turn down the volume of these words just to skip to the "good part" only to find that later in their marriage the bumps in the road are monumental and are not just slow-downs, but completely unmanageable. The sad thing is, is that most of the bumps in the road are only to protect and make things easier - not to cause divorce!

Here is an example.

What if your husband and your son got into an argument over money. Added to that, your husband was WRONG. Could you stand by your husband,
forsaking all others?

My husband and son have never had an argument. But, if they did my son would expect me to stand with his Dad. My husband would never expect me to forsake our son.
The "forsake" in marriage is not the dictionary definition.

Here is an example.

What if your husband and your son got into an argument over money. Added to that, your husband was WRONG. Could you stand by your husband,
forsaking all others?

Place my wife in the husband slot and I say no. I try to do what is right, and side with what is right. If my wife was wrong, then I would let her know and side with our daughter.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back