Black People Politics : Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to Join Board of NAACP Legal Defense Fund

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Liberty, May 26, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,208
    [​IMG]

The
    NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund has announced that Eric Holder is set to join the organization’s National Board of Directors.

Appointed by President Obama in 2009, Holder was the first black attorney general of the United States. During his tenure under the Obama administration, Holder prioritized voting rights and criminal justice reform.

Holder’s connections to the Legal Defense Fund run deep. The former attorney general interned for the LDF in 1974 after his first year at Columbia Law. Last year, Holder received the Thurgood Marshall Lifetime Achievement Award, which the LDF calls its “highest honor.

Read more

https://goodblacknews.org/2016/05/2...er-to-join-board-of-naacp-legal-defense-fund/

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I think this is good for former AG Holder. However, I'd rather see him spearhead his own organization.

I think he'd be great at it.

3. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,208
    Me too. I get a good vibe from him. When he resigned, I got the feeling that his political position was holding him back from doing the good things that he wanted to do. And, I suspected we would see him again in a position that didn't restrict him. I think he will even do more than this stint with the Urban League. I was wishing he would've got appointed to the Supreme Court.

4. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    The Republicans would not have voted for him to be a U.S. Supreme Court Justice. He gave them the business as U.S. AG. He was no joke. haahahaaa

To the Republicans, he was the "uppity niggra" I'm sure. They weren't ever going to support his nomination to be a U.S. Supreme Court Justice.

5. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,208
    You are so right. I am the consummate optimist. One day I'll learn. But, it would have been so cool.