Black People : Former Drug Czar and Moralist William Bennett Loses $8 Million Gambling!!

Aqil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 3, 2001
New York
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - William Bennett, author of The Book of Virtues and other books on morality, said on Monday he was quitting gambling amid media reports that he lost $8 million in the last decade playing slot machines and video poker.

"It is true that I have gambled large sums of money," Bennett said in a statement. "I have also complied with all laws on reporting wins and losses. Nevertheless I have done too much gambling, and this is not an example I wish to set. Therefore my gambling days are over."

Praised by admirers as a cogent moral voice and vilified by critics as a sanctimonious national scold, Bennett has been a public fixture in Washington since the Reagan era, and a perennial television presence when morality is the topic.

There was a bit of media chortling after the story broke, with Washington Post columnist Michael Kinsley acknowledging that Bennett's predicament provoked unusual levels of "schadenfreude," or joy in the misfortune of others...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=2685809

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back