Black People : Former Black Panther Jailed For Not Testifying

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I can't help but think of our Beloved Assata Shakur, and their desire to get her within their grips. A one million dollar bounty on her head. Never in the history of this country, has a woman been wanted so badly. Though my memory is suggesting, that our Beloved Ancestor, Sister Harriet Tubman, had an equally great bounty on her too.

"Stepped up campaign" ... to say the least.

They seem obsessed with these Sisters and Brothers. Wanting to control and silence them, making sure that history has only their version of the Black Panther legacy.

This is frightening.

:heart:

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    this very deep marking the only second woman soughted with such bounty on there head
    and to tame the voices of truth and the realsm of the liberation to weaken the history of the
    black panther party for they can slander and make ship of the truth.........scary !

3. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    The True Story of Assault on Precinct 13

A movie maker named John Carpenter, who has made movies such as "Halloween", "Christine", "They Live" and others, began his career with an obscure film called "Assault on Precinct 13". It was based on a series of true incidents which involved the Black Liberation Army, (some of whom were Black Panther Party members). These attacks were not random and were not "gang attacks", as the press and the movie plot says. These cases were never solved and why there is a renewed effort on the part of law enforcement to jack up Brothers to supposedly re-open the cases. It is related to Assatta Shakur, and other cases around the country (such as in ATL where a Brother was brought down from NY on a police homicide from the 70's as well). The government does not forget and revolutionaries are not forgotten.
    Below is a little info about the original film and the 2005 remake, so you can see how hollywood takes history and creates entertainment.
    Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) John Carpenter
    Police ambush and kill several gang members in Los Angeles. Gang members make a pact of blood to strike back at police, and conduct a siege on the police station which is almost abandoned and due to be closed. Staff of the closing precinct and the criminals being held there while in transit must work together to fight off the attacking gang members.
    An L.A. street gang declares war on a police station about to be shut down that has given refuge to a man who has witnessed a gang slaying. Because of the shutdown, the phones and electricity have been turned off, and gang members await outside with knives and guns where the precinct has been totally shut off from the outside world.
    Other John Carpenter movies you might recognize:
    1. They Live (1988)
    2. Christine (1983)
    3. Escape from New York (1981)
    4. The Fog (1980)
    5. Halloween (1978)
    Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)
    On New Year's Eve, inside a police station that's about to be closed for good, officer Jake Roenick (Ethan Hawke) must cobble together a force made up cops and criminals to save themselves from a mob looking to kill mobster Marion Bishop (Lawrence Fishburne). Ja Rule is also in this.
    It's New Year's Eve in the city of Detroit (moved the setting from L.A.). Cop-killing killer Marion Bishop (Fishburne) has just been arrested and is being transferred to prison. However, the transport bus is forced to stop because of the weather, so they stop for a while at the soon-to-be closed Precinct 13. Among the few people inside Precinct 13 is Sergeant Jake Roenick (Hawke), a cop who hasn't done any field missions in eight months because he feels guilty about the two cops that were killed in the mission. Not long after the prisoners are locked in their cells, Precinct 13 is assaulted by men in white gear. The police try to get a hold of other precincts, but the lines have been cut. The officers inside Precinct 13 believe that the men are Bishop's men coming to get him, but they soon find out that they are rogue cops trying to kill him. In order to survive the night, Precinct 13's inhabitants will have to unite and fight.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

WOW, I just saw that movie with Lawrence Fishburne "precinct 13"...........

thank you black man!!

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    So Strange

So strange I find it that between Assata Shakur, the Black Panthers, Sister Souljah and many more...no one understands my perspective? How can one study and embrace Harriet Tubman, Nat Turner, the Black Panthers, Assata Shakur and many many others who had and have no problem picking up a gun to do what they have to do....and yet not understand me!!?? I do get confused, but only in a sense, cause I do understand...better than anyone may know.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    the price on this sista head is deep and a all cost to capture her ......

Oldsoul i saw near every one of these movies by J.Carpenter thankz for some light on this trat.