Black People : Forgiveness...What

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
If only we were as forgiving of ourselves and each other. :bye:
The more familiar you feel with someone, I think makes it easier to be more judgmental and less forgiving. Whether it's with yourself or family.

Sometimes it comes from a place of love tho, because they just want to see better from their brother/sister.

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
[QUOTE="NNQueen, post: 1021020, member: 36"

Do oppressors of people want to be forgiven? If so, who are they asking forgiveness from? ADOS?

The only people I see who are quick to "forgive" are Black people and I have to ask, why?

Someone kills a loved one and Black people stand in the courts claiming to forgive them. Really? Why? To relieve the killer of guilt? Take the weight off of their shoulders? So they don't have to take responsibility for what they did? You don't have to hate them, but you don't have to forgive them either.

People should be held accountable for the choices they make. Why should I try to intervene in the universal design to minimize or eliminate the consequences of people's actions?

I’m somewhat bemused by this assertion of yours” I don't need nor do I seek any apologies for the cruel treatment done to Black people by unjust and racist people.” in that how comes the Jews stance is “NEVER FORGET” despite the apology and reparations they’ve received in contrast to your embrace of their ongoing marginalization of the so profoundly EVIL crimes of their ancestors, still recurring at regular intervals TODAY

So thanks, Bill Clinton, but no thanks. In my opinion, anyone who participated in and profited from the slave trade should get what they are due. It's called karma.

I think people can heal even when they don't forgive of such things as cold blooded murder, rape and slavery.

Anger is a necessary stage of grieving. It allows for a connection, for something to hold on to so that you don't feel a sense of abandonment and loss.

“Anger is a necessary stage of the healing process. Be willing to feel your anger, even though it may seem endless. The more you truly feel it, the more it will begin to dissipate and the more you will heal.”

Grief Quote by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler

Why deny this necessary healing emotion or pretend that it's something bad?

If we change our way of thinking on this, we'll be just fine. https://youtu.be/6O5zgXeCynQ

/QUOTE]
Additionally NNQueen, isn’t a genuine apology based on the conscious acknowledgement of wrongdoing, whereas doesn’t the ongoing nature of the European collective’s “WAR ON TERROR” [of the reality of being totally superfluous to the rest of humanity] on non-whites generally, still being focused most intently on keeping the African HOLOCAUST going in the 21st century highlighting that whites truly aren’t sorry, or they would have apologised and paid reparations [like the $3 billion Israel gets from the USA annually re the Jewish HOLOCAUST]?

In fact wouldn't a genuine cessation of hostilities be a start, as opposed to the their ongoing initiatives to totally enslave ALL of Humanity 10 times more efficiently than the irons used on our enslaved African ancestors [and their siblings and comrades who were tortured, mutilated and murdered for either refusing to BOW/be BROKEN, or as the means of traumatizing the rest of us into total subservience] this time via their IMF/World Bank's monetary manacles?

https://youtu.be/6O5zgXeCynQ
Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Bro. Orisons, exactly.

Apology: a regretful acknowledgment of an offense or failure. "we owe you an apology"

If a spouse steps outside their marital relationship once with another person, acknowledges their error, regrets it and apologizes to the spouse and never does it again, I can see where that apology might earn my forgiveness. But a repeat offender over the course of the relationship of many years, an old tired broke down flea bitten dog who realizes their days are numbered, wants to drag their tired butt home and apologize and ask for forgiveness....they are lucky they don't get a pot of hot grits tossed at them.:running:

Repeat offenders (America) don't deserve forgiveness because the evil madness continues.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
The more familiar you feel with someone, I think makes it easier to be more judgmental and less forgiving. Whether it's with yourself or family.

Sometimes it comes from a place of love tho, because they just want to see better from their brother/sister.
I don't disagree. Sometimes we are harder on ourselves and the ones we love because we expect more from ourselves and them. Speaking from my perspective, my parents taught me the best they could--no, meant no and yes, meant yes and as long as I lived in their house, I had to abide by their rules. They corrected me (disciplined) when I got confused, or started smelling myself thinking I was grown and messed up. Did an apology work? No, didn't even bother offering one because I knew what I was doing before I did it--breaking their rule. I wasn't born last night. So they expected me to behave a certain way to avoid being handled by or unjustly ruled by a racist system. But, as we all know, living in America, it doesn't matter what you do, when you're Black racists will feel some sort of entitlement to take the law into their own hands.

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
[QUOTE="NNQueen, post: 1021020, member: 36"

Do oppressors of people want to be forgiven? If so, who are they asking forgiveness from? ADOS?

The only people I see who are quick to "forgive" are Black people and I have to ask, why?

Someone kills a loved one and Black people stand in the courts claiming to forgive them. Really? Why? To relieve the killer of guilt? Take the weight off of their shoulders? So they don't have to take responsibility for what they did? You don't have to hate them, but you don't have to forgive them either.

People should be held accountable for the choices they make. Why should I try to intervene in the universal design to minimize or eliminate the consequences of people's actions?

I’m somewhat bemused by this assertion of yours” I don't need nor do I seek any apologies for the cruel treatment done to Black people by unjust and racist people.” in that how comes the Jews stance is “NEVER FORGET” despite the apology and reparations they’ve received in contrast to your embrace of their ongoing marginalization of the so profoundly EVIL crimes of their ancestors, still recurring at regular intervals TODAY?

So thanks, Bill Clinton, but no thanks. In my opinion, anyone who participated in and profited from the slave trade should get what they are due. It's called karma.

I think people can heal even when they don't forgive of such things as cold blooded murder, rape and slavery.

Anger is a necessary stage of grieving. It allows for a connection, for something to hold on to so that you don't feel a sense of abandonment and loss.

“Anger is a necessary stage of the healing process. Be willing to feel your anger, even though it may seem endless. The more you truly feel it, the more it will begin to dissipate and the more you will heal.”

Grief Quote by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler

Why deny this necessary healing emotion or pretend that it's something bad?

If we change our way of thinking on this, we'll be just fine. /QUOTE]

Additionally NNQueen, isn’t a genuine apology based on the conscious acknowledgement of wrongdoing, whereas doesn’t the ongoing nature of the European collective’s “WAR ON TERROR” [of the reality of being totally superfluous to the rest of humanity] on non-whites generally, still being focused most intently on keeping the African HOLOCAUST going in the 21st century highlighting that whites truly aren’t sorry, or they would have apologised and paid reparations [like the $3 billion Israel gets from the USA annually re the Jewish HOLOCAUST]?

In fact wouldn't a genuine cessation of hostilities be a start, as opposed to the their ongoing initiatives to totally enslave ALL of Humanity 10 times more efficiently than the irons used on our enslaved African ancestors [and their siblings and comrades who were tortured, mutilated and murdered for either refusing to BOW/be BROKEN, or as the means of traumatizing the rest of us into total subservience] this time via their IMF/World Bank's monetary manacles?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Happily Married and doing well❤
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!