Black Christians : "Forgive And Forget"

I understand what you are saying...but there is no time in the bible where God mentions humans to forget....he KNOWS that as mortal beings it is IMPOSSIBLE. I always look for scripture to back up what I believe and as far as I can see there is no mention in the bible where God says of humans to forget. The same way the bible states that we are to love our neighbour as our selves...It does not state that we should love them better than ourselves...Sometimes we can read something into scripture that is not really there.

It is impossible on our own, but with His Way all things are possible; this is what is taught. And yes, we can sometimes read what is not written, but some also cut out what is actually not directly stated. Just because it's not mentioned, "forget what they did", does not mean the Father is against you doing so, nor does it mean you should keep these things in mind. Remember what He said about: with what measurement you mete out, it will be measured to you. If you remember their sins, so shall yours be remembered and if yours are remembered and not forgotten, then one can perceive they are before His very face to be judged. And His salvation is so that our sins may be forgotten, not remembered.

It is impossible on our own, but with His Way all things are possible; this is what is taught. And yes, we can sometimes read what is not written, but some also cut out what is actually not directly stated. Just because it's not mentioned, "forget what they did", does not mean the Father is against you doing so, nor does it mean you should keep these things in mind. Remember what He said about: with what measurement you mete out, it will be measured to you. If you remember their sins, so shall yours be remembered and if yours are remembered and not forgotten, then one can perceive they are before His very face to be judged. And His salvation is so that our sins may be forgotten, not remembered.

My bible says IF I do not forgive mine will not be forgiven...anyways...just leave it at that...thanks for your imput.

My bible says IF I do not forgive mine will not be forgiven...anyways...just leave it at that...thanks for your imput.

And if you remember their sins and that is not counted as true forgiveness, then that would mean just as stated, your sins are not forgiven you. I'm not just directing this all at you, by the way, but at any and all who want to have better understanding as things be discussed.

I don't count the Bible as the Ending of the Father's word; just a part that we can hold and see in this tangible, material world.

Have we not truly forgiven someone if we can not "forget" his or her "trespasses against us?"

Do we only give "lip service" to forgiveness if we do not, afterwards, treat that person as if he/she had never hurt us?

I'm open to different perspectives but I think there's a difference between forgiveness (consciously letting go of either negative feelings generally or a desire for retribution specifically) and reconciliation (re-establishing some kind of a personal relationship) as well as with resentment and just being hurt by someone's behavior.

we may as well just forget and forgive any and every atrocity by white people against our people and go on as if nothing ever happened....now wouldn't that be a wonderful christian thing to do?...and realistic too, huh?

Black people hurt other Black people every day.

I'm open to different perspectives but I think there's a difference between forgiveness (consciously letting go of either negative feelings generally or a desire for retribution specifically) and reconciliation (re-establishing some kind of a personal relationship) as well as with resentment and just being hurt by someone's behavior.

we may as well just forget and forgive any and every atrocity by white people against our people and go on as if nothing ever happened....now wouldn't that be a wonderful christian thing to do?...and realistic too, huh?

Black people hurt other Black people every day.

Brother African_Prince ... Welcome Home !!! ... :wave:

You're posting in the Christian Study Group Forum, which has higher standards, different rules.

Just want to be sure you know, as it appears you're treading on thin ice.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back