Black Poetry : Forever Blue.....

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Heartbeat, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    I wish I was there to meet you when you said goodbye to the prison walls of Sing-Sing. Wish I was able to drive you back home, take you to dinner and hear of all the plans you have as a free man.
    I heard about the welcome home party...family and friends, not a criminal anywhere. I was still a bit skeptical, but other folks told me you really cut the life loose.
    Wish I'd seen you on the first day of your new job. Was this the first ligit job you ever had?
    You were turning around...I knew you could do it.....You're much too smart to continue playing the players game.
    My boy Blue...installing telephones. A far cry from dealing in cocaine and women...but nothing you can't handle. In fact, I bet it even felt good being legit.
    I can see you that morning, holding court, snapping on people, having a good time, making the job much easier. Launcey says you had plans to start your own telephone installing business next year. See...smart! Two months out of prison, one month of learing something new and you got thoughts of doing it for yourself. Forever the businessman. I always admired your entrepreneurial spirit. Little Blu-Blu has it as well. I heard he was selling shaved ice at the Summer Pro League on weekends this past summer.
    I'm glad you and him got tight when you came home...There is much he would learn from you.
    Smiley told me Friday you had not been found. "What do you mean not been found? I know he's not gonna violate his parole". Not giving Smiley time to continue, I was so upset and angry with you, I told him every place I thought you might be, every woman I knew would forever hold a place in her heart and her bedroom for you, every dealer I knew to still be alive, every relative and aquaintence you carried back in the day. In fact, I was coming to look for you myself and kick your ***. Finally..."No BE no...Blue was in the building"

You lived your life my friend...the one I'm sure you had the best time living. I've never judged you and I never will. I was just lucky to have you as my life-long friend.
    I've yet to have an emotional reaction to the events of September 11th...I think I will now.

RIP,
    BE

2. alyce

alyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Counselor
    Ratings:
    +85
    Someone said

the events of September 11, 2001, will have far-reaching affects on every single American. It was a horrible scene to witness ~ collectively it has cut us all deeply. And to discover that a lifelong friend, turning his life around, was cut down so abruptly, has got to be painful beyond words.

Thank you for finding the words and sharing here. I've read all your stories of "Blue" and take comfort in knowing he was "in stride"....and God will honor that.

My sincere condolences, BE. 9/11/01 was personal.

a

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I agree totally

wit Alyce very personal 9 / 11 / 2001
    it has affected me in ways my feelings
    can't talk about.............:(

4. Hunter

Hunter Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    So many faceless heroes have died on that day..hearts and soul we may never have the pleasure to stretch our arms out to again..Thank-you so much for sharing your pictures of Blue..his face is forever imprinted upon my mind. He lives through your eyes and your fingertips now.

*God is in this place*

:heart:

5. Kitana

Kitana Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    BE

I usually do not respond to poetry like this..when it is this deep, this sad...for fear that my words can't do justice to the feeling in my heart that I felt when I read it...but I kept coming back to this one and reading it again...
    these words come from your heart, your soul and your insides and they are a beautiful tribute to your friend in their heartfelt simplicity....
    so weep for your friend, but not because he died, but because he lived...

K

6. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    BE,

bro' i feel you on this one. The destruction has touched home for me as well. Email me when you get a chance...i lost your info (virus)

7. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    Thank you Poets. Your heartfelt response means much to me.

Bruce

8. alyce

alyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Counselor
    Ratings:
    +85
    bump