Pan Africanism : Forests Sacred No More

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by dustyelbow, Jun 22, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Côte d'Ivoire: Forests Sacred No More

Now I consider this STORY or ARTICLE PAN-AFRICAN.

WHY?

Because its something I am FIGHTING MYSELF WITH in terms of TEMPTATION.

What is it?

Those LEGACY that FINISHED OUR ANCESTORS and BROUGHT the MARKET ECONOMY to the WORLD.

Like CHOCOLATE, SUGAR, etc that PLANTATION STYLE.

I am still ADMITTINGLY working on that SUGAR. But the thoughts dont leave my MIND.

But the CHOCOLATE I have DONE AWAY with for YEARS NOW.

So does that make me a SAINT?

No I am still as FOOLISH as EVER.

But maintaining this FAITH has uncover that there are PEOPLE in the DEEP FOREST where alot of our ANCESTORS LIVED and WORKED care about the FOREST STILL TOO.

But its being DESTROYED by COCOA FARMS to SUPPLY the WORLD CHOCOLATE DEMAND...

In the PROCESS it DESTROY the VERY THING if you look at PICTURES of WEST and CENTRAL AFRICA by EUROPEANS you will see it had FOREST running from the SEASHORE to the GREAT INTERIOR.

The VERY THING that gave our ANCESTORS PROTECTION (check Omowale X SACRED TEXT thread) against MARAUDING EUROPEANS from GETTING US ALL in ONE FOWL SWOOP with the HELP of some AFRICANS. It took CENTURIES to DEPOPULATED WEST and CENTRAL AFRICA. Those FOREST HELPED.

Now I do not consider myself UP there with GOODNESS but its PLEASANT to KNOW there are VILLAGES still recognizing its IMPORTANCE.

That's FAITH with BELIEVING in what you are DOING and it RECOGNIZES or BRING US closer to our ANCESTORS if you consider them DIVINE.

2. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Oh yeah to add to this THREAD there are CONTINENTAL AFRICANS on this SIDE of the ATLANTIC whom I had the priviledge of MEETING especially an AFRICAN WOMAN who mission was to HIGHLIGHT the GOING ON in Côte d'Ivoire or IVORY COAST.

And she too mention HOW THE FORESTS are DISAPPEARING and how it STRETCHED from the SEASHORE to the INTERIOR.

Now this is an AFRICAN WOMAN. I know on this side of the ATLANTIC there are not too many WOMEN period interested and take it up as a MATTER of GREAT CONCERN but its very INTRIGUING indeed to meet ONE.

It just help with keeping the FAITH.

I just want to say I STILL REMEMBER THAT MOMENT.

But,

Oh well.