Black People : For Those who Seek to Divide by Religion, Region, Complexion or Political Ideology

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Message to the Grassroots

exerpt;
    Once you face this as a fact, then you can start plotting a course that will make you appear intelligent, instead of unintelligent.

What you and I need to do is learn to forget our differences. When we come together, we don’t come together as Baptists or Methodists. You don’t catch hell ’cause you’re a Baptist, and you don’t catch hell ’cause you’re a Methodist. You don’t catch hell ’cause you’re a Methodist or Baptist. You don’t catch hell because you’re a Democrat or a Republican. You don’t catch hell because you’re a Mason or an Elk. And you sure don’t catch hell ’cause you’re an American; ’cause if you was an American, you wouldn’t catch no hell. You catch hell ’cause you’re a black man. You catch hell, all of us catch hell, for the same reason.

Ballot or The Bullet
    exerpt;

Before we try and explain what is meant by the ballot or the bullet, I would like to clarify something concerning myself. I'm still a Muslim; my religion is still Islam. That's my personal belief. Just as Adam Clayton Powell is a Christian minister who heads the Abyssinian Baptist Church in New York, but at the same time takes part in the political struggles to try and bring about rights to the black people in this country; and Dr. Martin Luther King is a Christian minister down in Atlanta, Georgia, who heads another organization fighting for the civil rights of black people in this country; and Reverend Galamison, I guess you've heard of him, is another Christian minister in New York who has been deeply involved in the school boycotts to eliminate segregated education; well, I myself am a minister, not a Christian minister, but a Muslim minister; and I believe in action on all fronts by whatever means necessary.

Although I'm still a Muslim, I'm not here tonight to discuss my religion. I'm not here to try and change your religion. I'm not here to argue or discuss anything that we differ about, because it's time for us to submerge our differences and realize that it is best for us to first see that we have the same problem, a common problem, a problem that will make you catch hell whether you're a Baptist, or a Methodist, or a Muslim, or a nationalist. Whether you're educated or illiterate, whether you live on the boulevard or in the alley, you're going to catch hell just like I am. We're all in the same boat and we all are going to catch the same hell from the same man. He just happens to be a white man. All of us have suffered here, in this country, political oppression at the hands of the white man, economic exploitation at the hands of the white man, and social degradation at the hands of the white man.

Now in speaking like this, it doesn't mean that we're anti-white, but it does mean we're anti-exploitation, we're anti-degradation, we're anti-oppression. And if the white man doesn't want us to be anti-him, let him stop oppressing and exploiting and degrading us. Whether we are Christians or Muslims or nationalists or agnostics or atheists, we must first learn to forget our differences. If we have differences, let us differ in the closet; when we come out in front, let us not have anything to argue about until we get finished arguing with the man. If the late President Kennedy could get together with Khrushchev and exchange some wheat, we certainly have more in common with each other than Kennedy and Khrushchev had with each other.

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Wow! This is powerful.

Thanks.

...Even the basic principles of the origins of Christianity, in my opinion. You don't have to change your foundation, whatever it is in order to believe in the truth with regards to past Black history, black oppression...targeting blacks for enslavement at the set up of ancient systems...Jesus...if your foundation is non-racist. You can be a Muslim, Islamic or other basis and still accept the truth concerning past Black exploitation in its widest realm even beyond that of what happened in Roman Empire times. It's the kind of organizations that speak racism and black hatred and denial of black oppression etc. that conflict with Black organizations. That's what I believe.

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    All due respect beloved, there was no racism in Ancient Rome.

A persons worth was determined by their bloodline, aristocracy, wealth craft, or military rank.

4. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    okay.

in terms of the word 'racism', I can accept that.

But in the terms of what happened at MASADA to the Jews and the bloodbath, revolts, Persians... outlawing the Jews from entering into jerusalem...i refer to this part of the roman empire system...

also i refer to most of the emperorw of which were white...

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    One can quote Malcom X all day and still miss the point.

Malcolm X talks about forgetting our differences but here a handful of folks are continually causing division by making THEIR RELIGION an issue.

Straight up Hypocrites!

6. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    edited to make my point.