FOR THE PARENTS

Brother Denson, you're an interesting person. By chance are you a preacher? I'm asking because you spread these messages around the community sometimes without seeking input from others. Don't be offended, it's just an observation.

Now tell me, exactly what makes you an authority such that you feel qualified to give out the advice that you post and why should anyone take you seriously? We can't be too careful you know so it's important to ask. The last time we listened to someone and took them at face value, we ended up in shackles and on a boat taking a one-way trip to a foreign land.

What exactly is it that you think Black parents are doing well?

You suggest that we save more than we spend. Do you also have a recommendation on what we should save money for and the best financial instrument to put our money in?

What makes you so sure that Black parents don't get moody when times are hard? What exactly do you mean? Do you think we are inherently strong people? Do we internalize suffering and frustration and hold stress in better than people of the white race? Is this good for our mental and physical health? Did you know that Black women are suffering more and more these days from depression? And Black men...wow, what don't we know about what's happening to them in this society...high unemployment; majority in prison, struggling in relationships with women....we've heard the data. You think Black men/fathers are handling these situations well?

I've asked enough questions of you for now. I look forward to your answers.

Queenie :spinstar:

NNQueen said:
Brother Denson, you're an interesting person. By chance are you a preacher? I'm asking because you spread these messages around the community sometimes without seeking input from others. Don't be offended, it's just an observation.

Now tell me, exactly what makes you an authority such that you feel qualified to give out the advice that you post and why should anyone take you seriously? We can't be too careful you know so it's important to ask. The last time we listened to someone and took them at face value, we ended up in shackles and on a boat taking a one-way trip to a foreign land.

What exactly is it that you think Black parents are doing well?

You suggest that we save more than we spend. Do you also have a recommendation on what we should save money for and the best financial instrument to put our money in?

What makes you so sure that Black parents don't get moody when times are hard? What exactly do you mean? Do you think we are inherently strong people? Do we internalize suffering and frustration and hold stress in better than people of the white race? Is this good for our mental and physical health? Did you know that Black women are suffering more and more these days from depression? And Black men...wow, what don't we know about what's happening to them in this society...high unemployment; majority in prison, struggling in relationships with women....we've heard the data. You think Black men/fathers are handling these situations well?

I've asked enough questions of you for now. I look forward to your answers.

I raised myself. Whatever I do and whatever I say all comes from the knowledge that I receive. I know some of what I say is wrong and some is right, but since I am on Destee and reading some of the most interesting posts I have ever read, I feel that I have a little to offer. Where I live, there are bad parents who allow their children to do whatever. I know that I can do a better job keeping them out of trouble, so I do it. I just wish that the parents would do the same thing. People around me think that I am too young to give advice and too young to suggest good parenting tips. You just gave me a good idea; I will consult people, and I will speak to black women more often to find out how hard it is. I know it is not easy. If you are a powerful voice, then don't let me contradict it. NNQueen, I am inspired by all of your posts. Hell, I am inspired by many posts I see on here. I am just learning in the process. In thank you for bringing that to my attention, because I always appreciate replying, especially when it is positive.

Sister Queenie, you are a pleasant sistah, and I did not expect to meet you like this. Thank you for helping me.

Cedric Denson

You are welcome Brother Denson and thank you for responding to my questions. I know they may have sounded challenging but it's nice to have one's values and beliefs put to the test every once in a while.

I am pleased that you're finding so much good information here and feeling the passion among our members. We are serious about what we do and take what we do seriously. And this is just the beginning because we're all growing and learning every day.

We're learning what is important for us to know; learning how to focus on the best things for us; stretching beyond the ordinary and looking at ways that we can not only believe in our greatness but live as great people.

Please continue to share what you know with us. You obviously have the qualifications to speak about that which you know believe us, you're not a voice in the wilderness. We are connecting as a people and respect what you have to say.

Live life as a participant and keep learning.

NNQueen said:
You are welcome Brother Denson and thank you for responding to my questions. I know they may have sounded challenging but it's nice to have one's values and beliefs put to the test every once in a while.

I am pleased that you're finding so much good information here and feeling the passion among our members. We are serious about what we do and take what we do seriously. And this is just the beginning because we're all growing and learning every day.

We're learning what is important for us to know; learning how to focus on the best things for us; stretching beyond the ordinary and looking at ways that we can not only believe in our greatness but live as great people.

Please continue to share what you know with us. You obviously have the qualifications to speak about that which you know believe us, you're not a voice in the wilderness. We are connecting as a people and respect what you have to say.

Live life as a participant and keep learning.

Thank you Sister Queenie for all that you said. The simple fact is that not only are you people grown sistahs and brothas, but you are inspirations. I learn alomst everything from grown-ups who have been through what I have been through; who have struggled worse than I have struggled; and so on. Yes, I have suffered abuse before, but I am not the only person in the world who has been abused, and I certainly know that I did not suffer the most. But the bottom line is, you help me grow up and recognize many things that I have never thought of. I listen to people like you before others, because I know that you have no reason to lie or deny. Thank you for your time again, and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Cedric Denson

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back