Black Spirituality Religion : For so long I kept my eyes closed...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Hatshepsut06, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Hatshepsut06

Hatshepsut06 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The short version: Every since I was a little I just knew that one of my purposes in life was to become a minister. My faith was my passion. I loved the lord with all my heart. I didn't like tradition or the caucasion tradition at all. It was pagan to me, but as a young child you do as you were told. When I became an adult I was more drawn to judaism but still they didn't follow the torah exactly, so I was stuck for along time. Until my brother, my dear dear brother recanted my teaching of Africa. Then I began to research. I'm 29 now I have studied the bible backwards and forwards along with the quaran (my family is 50% muslim and the rest are sects of christianity). I was a christian. I believe in god, but through the facts all the religions have a root and it is Africa. I am upset at myself that I ignored what my father tried to tell me instead I listened to the southern baptist preacher who explained how Africans were all idol worshippers and other things. Why? Why are people afraid? Not just white but black people also, why should we be afraid? I am proud of the wisdom I have now, for so long I kept my eyes closed and now I can see. Thanks for letting me share my short version with you. I'm still searching for facts about ancient africans so if anyone can enlighten me further I would deeply appreciate it.

:spinstar: Hatshepsut06:spinstar:

2. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Be wise as you study and search for truth.
    From what I have seen and studied there is a war taking place at this very moment and it is between Polytheist and Monotheist.

This is the same war that divided and conquered Egypt and caused the final downfall of the greatest nation that has ever existed and had the longest time of existing.

Every Monotheistic community of One GOD has been attacked or destroyed by Polytheist and those same people run the earth today. But GOD has promised us a day when their foot shell slip and they shall be snared in their own traps and be taken by their own gods of lesser being.

Deut:7:25: The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Very Wonderful to have you on 'Board' Sistah!

I read what you said, and you have a lot of good points. Further, I will go on to tell you that there are a few of us here who like you, used to follow "preecha' man, as he mis-lead us into Modern-day bondage, but now we are Free!

I am quite exhausted right now, so I can not give 'juicy' facts as of now. However, in the meantime, I will recommend these sources to you Sistah:

www.wblr.com
    www.thetruthcenter.com
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44236

There you go Sistah - make Good use of em!'

KD

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    hello and welcome to the house. we all come out of a similar background and so you should find people here who share your feelings.

5. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey Hatshepsut06,

Yes there are a lot of us who have come out of christianity, We don't all use the same exit but the important thing is that we are out.

Do feel free to share the long version if you like over time.

here are a couple of websites with lots of information and interesting facts

http://www.ebonyminds.com
    http://www.kemetway.com/

Also one of our teachers, brotha oldsoul, has his own website

http://blackland.org

Brotha oldsoul teaches a class called Consciousness Raising which covers many issues of importance to African and African American awareness, The classes are on Sundays at noon and 8 pm eastern time and Wednesday nights 9 eastern time in the chatroom at
    http://destee.com/forums/chat/flashchat.php

Again welcome and enjoy yourself