Black Poetry : ...For Old Times Sake...

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

triniti424,
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Simply over the Top! And it is obvious, we, all, agree that this is a monumental piece, that should be copyrighted and shared, hopes this inspires you triniti424, unless you already have!

Thank you family :)

So much I liked about this piece. You start off eloquently speaking of "island waterfalls", then dig in and give the brass knuckles feeling of loss:

And finally emotively and simply state that you love and miss him. Good to read you again poetess.

Thank you sister, Im honored :) it feels good to share again :grouphug:

WOW!

There she is!

BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!:terrific::terrific::terrific:

That's what i've been waiting for!

Excellent write Sister!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::SuN043:

:heart:

Awwww maaaaaaaaan lol My sister Purple always makin a sistah feel all lovvvvvvved and mushy and alllllllllll dat :cry: LOL Your kind of sisterly love is what makes sharing worth it :) Thank you :) :grouphug:

I love this flo Triniti

Oh no.. not a I-5 wreak...
There is so much.. that could be said

You shared how no one.. and with emphasis on " pretend "

" No sermon, no words, no man, no..thing...
nothing can make me “pretend”

That I’m okay "

You gave me some great advise recently
You said the strong keep going.
When gripped in this way
Survivors.. find a way to survive

It gets a little easier.
It never goes away.

So dance.

Memories
Can get in the way
Cloud the focus

Something a song or a place
Triggers and...
They kick open the closet
It is OK to dance
With the skeletons

Dance with the memories and
Put them away
When it isn’t convenient

:) Oh Hodee Bear You are so sincere I could just hug ya :) Thank you for always lending an ear :) :grouphug:

absolutely beautiful sis..........made me feel warm inside and had me looking around to see who I could cuddle up with!

Just like your scribe, I miss reading you

Thank you Brotha King your words are always a comfort :) :grouphug:

Wow! mixed with a little Fabulous! topped with a sprinkle of Genius!

THIS piece....I didn't know whether to cry or clap or both!

I just....miss you!!!!

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! EXCELLENT!!!!!

Sister LD LOL girl I was feelin BOTH when I wrote it ROFL so whateva you doin we doin TOGETHER LOL :) Thank you sister... Im so glad youre here it really makes this home complete :) :grouphug:

Awesome piece sis...all I can say is ...WOW!

Thank you sister Queen I always know that you will reach out to me irregardless :grouphug:

now u go gurl ....this was off da chain fo real .....missing and loving all in one

Thank you Sir Richne$$ :) From the poet-master himself a girl is honored :grouphug:

but overall

i'm not mad at cha

trying to establish yours

again:blowkiss:

Brotha So'ja, I sure am trying :) Thank you for reading :grouphug:

"now...I’m a 5-car-pile-up-on-I-5-no-way-out-and-no-recuperation-no-regeneration...just a wreck"

that conjures up an ill picture right there...one that i have seen first hand...

"And the laughing-crying-fighting-talking-teasing-pleasing-sharing-caring is NOT something that I’ve easily forgot
And I dont know if I choose to...
Because if I do...
I lose apart of you
The part of me that will remain
Is the part from which i have nothing to gain"

this board missed ur poetic words sis...

one love
khasm

The first thing destee mae tole me last time I came into the chat... "Sisterrrrrr Brotha Khasm is stillll herreeeee" LOLLL

So thanks chi town brotha for your words of understanding :) Always appreciated :grouphug:

flo on poetess....

I sure will try sister Thank you :grouphug:

triniti424,
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Simply over the Top! And it is obvious, we, all, agree that this is a monumental piece, that should be copyrighted and shared, hopes this inspires you triniti424, unless you already have!

:) Thank you brotha Clyde. I do try to copyright everything I do but really its more for my own sanities sake than it is for sharing lol :) A girl needs to stay anti-crazy ;) Thank you so much for reading :grouphug:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back