Black Spirituality Religion : FOR MY BROTHER AQUIL

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by kenyatta, Feb 3, 2004.

1. kenyatta

kenyatta Well-Known Member MEMBER

fork lift driver
    Ratings:
    +2
    Peace my brother, how are you today? First of all, let us reach a common ground. (a.) I am not in an intellectual or historical battle with anyone. I've spent too many years doing that. (b.) You have the right to your own beliefs if it makes you a good person. (c.) There is too much history and cross reference for you to do before you can arrive at any conclusions regarding anything.

Example: Since there were 16 bibles before the King James version, a resercher should be asking why and what is the difference between them...and at best, try to read them for himself.

Example: Prophet Muhammad spoke Quarish Arabic...yet the original writings were destroyed and we now have the FUSHA Arabic..I read why, I just simply didn't buy that. Once the Prophet was dead and the split began in Islam regarding WHO was the next top dog, my own common sense told me that from that day on EVERYTHING CLAIMED, WRITTEN OR EVEN SAID IS SUSPECT....how was I to just trust Abu Baker, Omar or Uthman when so much religious and political power was at stake? What about Ali or those that became part of the Shiite group? What of the Ansaars ? How many different versions of the Qu'ran are there, just like the bible? How many different divisions of Islam are there, just like Christianity. The point is that....THERE'S SIMPLY A LOT OF STUDY YOU HAVE TO DO BEFORE YOU LATCH ON TO ANYTHING AND SAY "OH, THIS IS IT".

Example: I spoke on a time line in one of my post, and mind you, that is not the same time line that Islam uses. In fact, between such people as Brested, Petrie, Manetho, Wilkinson (1836), Champollian-Figeac (1839), Bockh, (1845) Unger(1867)... that alone is 7 different timelines...and that's not counting the other 9 timelines I ran across. Now, the timeline I was using was the conventional one...you know, the one Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan uses. So in light of all these time lines, how do you state with such emotional conviction that yours is the right one ? Can you see what I'm saying my brother?

Example: If you're going to use the bible, then before Genesis chapter 12 we have no history of Abraham. According to this same bible, Abram was the father of nothing, was not blessed or famous...and as such, was poor. Please read chapter 12. "Today brother Aquil moved to California, and he took all his wealth with him." Does this statement tell me that you were wealthy ? You be the judge.

Oh, my apologies, Yes I do have the chiekhs woks...and if you can't find what I mentioned in Civilization or Barbarism, try Great African Thinkers, page 209. It is in Civilization or Barbarism that the leucoderm word is used...but I'm going to let you find it first, that way
    I'll know if you're really reading. However, I didn't expect you to find the word in a dictionary. You see, that's why the word stayed with me all these years. He used a word that I couldn't find in at least 4 or 5 GOOD dictionaries. Brother I was UPSET, with a capital U. I was only able to find the meaning of the word because I knew that "derm" was skin. Think you can handle the rest? Sometimes if you can't find a word, you have to find it in parts.

Peace out Bro.

2. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    FOR MY BROTHER KENYATTA...

Here are your exact words:

"According to Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop's work and that of others, Abraham was descibed as a "Lucoderm"...meaning he didn't have any pigmentation...white boy. This, if we take it as being historical, would explain a lot from a biblical perspective."

To which I replied:

First of all there is no such word as "lucoderm," therefore to say that Diop and others described Abraham as a "lucoderm" is a preposterous lie. "Luciderm" is a skin-care product for the treatment of acne!

Now you say:

"Oh, my apologies. Yes I do have Cheikh's works...and if you can't find what I mentioned in Civilization or Barbarism, try Great African Thinkers, page 209..."

If you can find what you mentioned in Civilization of Barbarism, please post the page number...and Ivan van Sertima is the author of Great African Thinkers: Cheikh Anta Diop.

and:

"It is in Civilization or Barbarism that the 'leucoderm' word is used..."

If it is I have yet to find it. I noticed that you spelled the non-word that you used in your post - "Lucoderm" - differently...it is now "leucoderm," which is in the dictionary. I won't accuse you of deceitful journalism...:) However, I stand on the merits of my prior commentary...the word is not in Civilization or Barbarism.

The word "leucoderm" is in the dictionary.

:read:

3. kenyatta

kenyatta Well-Known Member MEMBER

fork lift driver
    Ratings:
    +2
    okay, how about sloppy journalism.

4. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Btw, the correct spelling of my name is Aqil...

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Alafia,

Concerning Abraham, I believe he was a "leucoderm" culturally, if he ever existed. Assuming the Bible is correct and the history of the Fertile Crescent circa 2000 B.C.E. checks out, he was more than likely a person of mixed Indo-European and Cu****e origin. The cultural habits exhibited by Abram and his clan resemble those of the Kurgan cultural horizon or more exactly, the Central Asian steppes, as recorded by contemporaries of the Habiru/Apiru.

Ire-O!!!
    Blkbird

6. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    AGAIN FOR MY BROTHER KENYATTA...

Wrong again, kenyatta. Abraham and his father Terah are mentioned in Genesis 11. I'll quote from there:

Genesis 11:24

"When Nahor was twenty-nine, he had a son named Terah.

After Terah was seventy years old, he had three sons: Abram, Nahor, and Haran, who became the father of Lot. Terah's sons were born in the city of Ur in Chaldea, and Haran died there before the death of his father. The following is the story of Terah's descendants.

Abram married Sarai, but she was not able to have any children. And Nahor married Milcah, who was the daughter of Haran and the sister of Iscah.

Terah decided to move from Ur to the land of Canaan. He took along Abram and Sarai and his grandson Lot, the son of Haran. But when they came to the city of Haran, they decided to settle there instead. Terah lived to be two hundred five years old and died in Haran."

Genesis 12

The Lord Chooses Abram

"The Lord said to Abram: Leave your country, your family, and your relatives and go to the land that I will show you. I will bless you and make your descendants into a great nation. You will become famous and be a blessing to others. I will bless anyone who blesses you, but I will put a curse on anyone who puts a curse on you. Everyone on Earth will be blessed because of you.
    Abraham was seventy-five years old when the Lord told him to leave the city of Haran. He obeyed and left with Sarai, his nephew Lot, and all the possessions and slaves they had gotten while in Haran.

When they came to the land of Canaan, Abram went as far as the sacred tree of Moreh in a place called Shechem. The Canaanites were still living in the land at that time, but the Lord appeared to Abram and promised, ‘I will give this land to your family forever.’ Abram then built an altar there for the Lord.

Abram traveled to the hill country east of Bethel and Ai, where he built another altar and worshiped the Lord. Later, Abram started out toward the Southern Desert."

Your knowledge of the Bible is again found wanting, kenyatta. The first part of Genesis 13:2 reads as follows:

"Abram was very rich. He owned many cattle, sheep, and goats, and had a lot of silver and gold…"

Read what the Bible says, and you be the judge...:)

7. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    It is an easy thing to tell a lie…but it is difficult to support the lie after it is told…

:deal:

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    And the worse lie is a truth misunderstood by those who hear it…

:deal: