Black Relationships : FOR MY BACHELOR BROTHAZ

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by plainrhythm, Apr 8, 2005.

1. plainrhythm

plainrhythm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    my brothers, i'm interested. my best friend is a brotha and he states that he would never find himself falling in love... as in, playa for life.
    funny enuff, most of the bachelor brothas i know, have the same theory.
    just wanted to know if it's common? :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

holla.
    sista plain.

2. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    There's nothing sadder than a middle aged cat hanging out in a club full of women in their 20s'. Most fellas don't know that they could very well become that guy. Playa for life is an immature mentality.

That's my "BIG" opinion.

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    There are many reasons why a man doesn't want to fall in love. Maybe it's because he has his eyes wide open and realizes that women are becoming more and more unfaithful and worthless. There's really no need for a man to fall in love because most women aren't worth the time and effort. That's just the truth. There are women out there that are great and would make great mates, but how rare is that when you really think about it? I don't condone the playa for life mentality, but I don't have a problem with a brotha that says "I don't want a relationship or marriage", because I am one of those brothas.

4. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Be careful or You'll end up being one of those old fellas with a cocker spaniel for a companion.

That's My "BIG" opinion.

5. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34

Nah man, I'll just wait it out. I won't settle for just anything like a lot of these brothas that are willing to fall in love with any woman that spreads her legs. Like I said, there are rare women out there, it just depends on how long it takes to come across one. Until then, I'm flying solo and I'm more than prepared to do it for a while.

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    I would like to reply. I’m not single, I started out with a bachelor look at things.

What those fellows haven’t taken into consideration is the other side of the relationship. Liking a woman and loosing a woman you like ( have grown to love, have around, be with, share with ) brings the question into focus. If she wants more than he is offering, he will consider changing his tune.

I think starting out with a predetermined attitude towards relationships or any thing for that matter. Often derails in the face of decision time.

Claiming an “ I will never “ attitude one is destined to consider or do just what one “ will never ”.

Only time is the factor.

Everyone will meet someone that will make them, do or consider anything... even marriage.

Deep down who wouldn’t want someone to share more than a good club, drink, or time at the park with. Fear of ( success or failure ) is a great factor for those who hold out long term.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    perception is reality

:heart:

Destee

8. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Anyone that says the majority women are worth marrying or commiting to on a serious level, doesn't live on planet Earth. I would probably get married or be commited in another country....depending on the country and it's values as a whole. America is not the place for brothas to get hitched because the value of it's women are in the gutter.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Kente ... you are certainly free to think this way.

My point was, that our experience is limited or increased, by our perception of the situation.

If you believe what you've said ... i'm not surprised that it is in fact ... your truth.

That's all i'm say'n Brother.

i aint madatcha.

:heart:

Destee

10. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I know Destee.:hearts1: It just bothers me, that's all. I'm a loving, affectinate person that's not free to express that with women because they aren't worth it. Let me ask you something, from a woman's perspective, what's your take on it? Brothas wanting to stay single. Do you think it's because they are immature or do you think it's because they see what's really out there?